**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
I've just got off speaking with Google again after my bank refused payment, supposedly she was going to send it to billings and sort it out and email me the findings. Just received this email with this as the last line;

'Some previous orders may have been canceled. If so, and if you'd still like to, please place those orders again.'

Instant derailment of hype train!

Until I noticed the amount is pending in my bank account.:D

Soldato
I've just got off speaking with Google again after my bank refused payment, supposedly she was going to send it to billings and sort it out and email me the findings. Just received this email with this as the last line;

'Some previous orders may have been canceled. If so, and if you'd still like to, please place those orders again.'

Instant derailment of hype train!

Until I noticed the amount is pending in my bank account.:D

What does your google store order status say?

Caporegime
Lucky. I have DPD tracking saying estimated date of delivery today but the latest update from yesterday (and the day before) is "We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot" and I've not received a text with time slot. How did it go for you?

Same as you, only just got a text and updated status on its way etc. at about 10 this morning. I think DPD do deliveries up to 7pm so you could still get it.

Initial thoughts:

- phone is massive, mostly just the height that really bothers me, honestly don't know if I'll be able to keep it because of this :(
- I thought my nexus 5 was nice and fast but this feels just that little bit more instant
- amazing screen
- very premium and comfy "enough" to hold with one hand but as expected, I'm finding it hard for one handed "usage" (medium sized hands)
- very slippy phone so I will definitely need a thin grippy case, if I keep it...

Not really done much with it yet apart from setting apps etc. back up. Will mess about with it more later on tonight.

Why couldn't they have made the phone thicker and reduce the height.....

Soldato
Played with the nexus 5x in store, I'm desperate for a new gagdet and the size of the 6p is a little off putting but I'm coming from an S6. Then its the far better phone so I guess I'll just like it and lump it!

Associate
Anyone know where Google are shipping them from? Mine doesn't track yet.
Well mine is currently sat in a Parcelforce depot in North West London, so I'm guessing somewhere close to there unless they got flown in from Dublin pretty much straight after the despatch email was issued.

For info, mine tracked around 3 hours after I got the despatch email.

Associate
I've ordered two of the N6p graphite 32gb with CPW. One is being delivered tomorrow apparently. I currently have the Nexus 5 and even after two years I still love the phone. However, I've done so much research over the past month about the N6P and last night I read the android police review, up until that moment I was so confident this was the phone for me until I read about screen burning... I didn't realise that AMOLED screens suffered from it and its left me very concerned tbh. Is this something you can get a replacement on if it does occur? I have major OCD when it comes to stuff like this and I will spot it immediately if it does occur. Why didn't they just use IPS LCD? I simply won't tolierate putting up with screen burn. This is 2015.

Associate
I've ordered two of the N6p graphite 32gb with CPW. One is being delivered tomorrow apparently. I currently have the Nexus 5 and even after two years I still love the phone. However, I've done so much research over the past month about the N6P and last night I read the android police review, up until that moment I was so confident this was the phone for me until I read about screen burning... I didn't realise that AMOLED screens suffered from it and its left me very concerned tbh. Is this something you can get a replacement on if it does occur? I have major OCD when it comes to stuff like this and I will spot it immediately if it does occur. Why didn't they just use IPS LCD? I simply won't tolierate putting up with screen burn. This is 2015.

It was a 'big' issue with the N6 as well. There will be very faint burn in, I can only see it when using the burn in fix app which displays a full grey screen.

Noticed it pretty much straight away with the app but it hasnt got any worse in a year. It's really not a problem.

Associate
I just don't understand why AMOLED displays are used then. It's a dud technology. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my pre-order and going with the NX5 instead. Gutted.

Back
Top Bottom