New Site Feedback

Soldato
One thing I always liked about OCUK site was the fact that all types of components and sub types were easily, immediately available on the left hand side and disliked about a 4 letter competitor's site was the menu for items being at the top and appearing when highlighted, not all the time but occasionally I would swipe off the menu so it disappeared or I clicked the wrong thing and would have to reopen the menu and find the correct thing, whereas OCUK were just there.

You've changed it all. I don't like change :(

Soldato
Please report any bugs you find here, check to see others ain't reported first ;)

Enjoy the new site.

Kind Regards

The OcUK Team

It isn't a bug, but for such an established company not to have a copywriter tidying up your copy doesn't make sense. I suppose it might not be cost-effective to have your thousands of product-descriptions proofread, but there are a multitude of mistakes throughout the site with many in fairly static, high-traffic locations like your home and contact pages. Writers are cheap! :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
One thing I always liked about OCUK site was the fact that all types of components and sub types were easily, immediately available on the left hand side and disliked about a 4 letter competitor's site was the menu for items being at the top and appearing when highlighted, not all the time but occasionally I would swipe off the menu so it disappeared or I clicked the wrong thing and would have to reopen the menu and find the correct thing, whereas OCUK were just there.

You've changed it all. I don't like change :(

Easy access to the Components menu on the left was a MASSIVE plus of the old site tbh. Hopefully they can get something similar going on with the new one, but it's not going to be as easily usable

Soldato
Me no-likey.

As above - why the brash/bold/garish colours.

It's very cluttered - especially with all the page space devoted to external links. It's a shop after all, selling hardware - yet the core component subsections are the smallest areas of the screen space ?

And the dimensions are all off on different sized devices / screen sizes / OS's. Most importantly - if I didn't know the company that well, and was recommended the webpage as a good place to research buying a potential piece of kit - it would actually put me off now :eek: (which is a bit worrying) - as it definately is confusing and overthought.

It reminds me of the other computer hardware site (which rhymes with man.co.uk) from 10-12 years ago. And I disliked that site then (and now)

Last edited:
Soldato
Of all the bad points I mentioned previously I actually don't mind the layout of descriptions when clicking into a product item, probably because it has a much more cleaner and less busy background (nice black text on white background) and the Description, Reviews and Awards tabs are quite good in fairness.

The reviews don't appear to show dates or times though anymore unless I am missing something, but the overall navigation particularly the top menus are not very pleasing to use or look at. So yeah pretty much more cons than pros as it is right now.

Soldato
Ordered a couple of things tonight and all went ok. Got a few in my Wish list too for when i get paid!! Was an easy and effortless experience!

Edit:
Waw! Just had an email saying order shipped!! Didn't know they worked this late!!

Last edited:
Associate
I can confirm 100% that there is no section under "My Account" to link forum account to main account at all. I tried adding my "nickname" as it asks for but that has no effect :) Going to miss a "this week only" on a Vertagear S4000 due to it, and my current chair is pretty broke!

OcUK Staff
I can confirm 100% that there is no section under "My Account" to link forum account to main account at all. I tried adding my "nickname" as it asks for but that has no effect :) Going to miss a "this week only" on a Vertagear S4000 due to it, and my current chair is pretty broke!

Please drop us a message in the customer service forum and we'll look into this for you and make sure you also get the free shipping. :)

Soldato
The menu bar appears to have dissapeared lol:

menugone.jpg

*EDIT*

Seems fixed now, but I still cannot select more than 48 items per page, you REALLY need to get the "all" option back ASAP.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't mind the new design but it does feel a little busy. I think the advertising down the left and right hand sides of the site make it feel all feel a bit crammed in.

Also I'm getting an error when trying to view the HDD section

ocuk%20site_zps57mx4mcb.png

OcUK Staff
Soldato
I think the advertising down the left and right hand sides of the site make it feel all feel a bit crammed in.

If you have adblock installed just right click on them and select block element.

Funnily enough the were a lot of complaints when they added them too (because they shrunk the site to fit them in).

Back
Top Bottom