how many have gone back to Yosemite?

JKD

JKD

Associate
I've had a couple of beachballs after waking from sleep, but considering the wireless performance is finally fixed I just can't go back now.

Caporegime
Considering every time I updated OSX I find out Apple has done soemthign horrific and I loose a week of work trying to fix things and sort out work around I wont touch el capitan until i get blackmailed into doing so. I'm sure Apple will find away to gag me and tie me down to the chair forcing an upgraded du to some horrible xcode or iphone SDK requirement.

Soldato
For all the people saying Apple is great, it's interesting to see that they do indeed have issues with their OS, even on a limited set of hardware variations. (No not trolling, genuinely interesting to see this).

Soldato
They are notoriously bad on QC (standards started slipping coincided with Jobs' death). And continued support of what they deem 'older hardware'.

I think the issues stem from a number of things, another being their unwillingness to coerce with larger software makers to help find resolutions (I'm thinking of Adobe). The Adobe suite was as good as broken on Yosemite. Adobe had to totally re-write programs in order to get them to work properly on the OS.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Only issue with el cap is that stupid drag to the top behavior which does not work with bettersnaptool and the like... so, instead, I've had to manually disable spaces and mission control. No big loss, tbh.

Soldato
same as most others, no issues here so I'm sticking. Happy with the update, seems to have improved speed to a degree. From a 2012 Air

Soldato
We're holding off on upgrading work machines now. Seemed OK at first, but we're seeing some issues with Adobe CC and network printers popping up. When we went to Yosemite we had pretty much zero problems.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm too far gone to go back to Yosemite, but El Capitan is Vista level disaster on MBP and MP of mine. USB3 ports are no longer full speed - my Blackmagic Ultrastudio is completely unusable at the moment, timemachine backups fail 12 times a day, removal of HDD formatting for third party file systems (NTFS etc) from Disk Utility was as close to professional suicide as I ever got, the bloody printer/scanner utility works only once then never wakes up network scanners any more, prints eventually at some point work, but the printers have to be rebooted for the scanning to work again, auto updates attempt to reboot me every day, despite disabling the feature, safari passwords have amnesia and don't queue up half the times, you check preferences, they're there, you go to the page - it's not suggested, when you enter it manually and Safari asks again if you want it to remember it (and the stupid bug where it asks you to remember the password and freezes progress instead of logging you into the site first is still there) and to be honest I don't even know what I gained by upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom