Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato
God that makes me angry watching that, why be so inconsiderate of not only the road but the other people, if he kills himself, then yeah I don't really care, if he kills a family or a pedestrian then it's just sad and pathetic. He'll either come off and straight into an oncoming car or go off at the corner over the cliff, either way he's pushing his luck way too much. I'd feel sorry for his family, having to watch their son be a complete **** and ruin not only their lives but someone else's too.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
He does push his luck a little too much, but adrenaline to some is so addictive that you could compare it to heavy drugs. Not an excuse to ride like that, he could slow down a little, I'm really questioning sometimes if 1000cc bikes should be allowed on the streets... I guess its the constant fight with the temptation of opening it up. :p

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really questioning sometimes if 1000cc bikes should be allowed on the streets... I guess its the constant fight with the temptation of opening it up. :p

zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You can't really use 1000cc on public roads in the UK without loosing your license, can you? Not that many can actually use 1000cc to it potential on a track either. Not many people can trust themselves with a 1L bike either, that's including me ofc. I would probably loose my license (after I get it ofc) :p Banning them would be too extreme, an idiot will kill himself even on a 600cc.

Although, I'm saying this... If I could get a S1000RR now and had the money to do so, I would get it. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Well it won't be long before this guy is either dead or banged up. He can ride, shame he has to prove it on the public roads..

If that is the US marine or what ever that moved to Italy to ride that road everyday he is all over Instagram.

There are some SERIOUS close calls with cyclists and other road users. He recently trashed is fireblade after binning it and it going under the armco on a hairpin.

Looks like he now has a S1000RR.

this is his profile >> https://instagram.com/eddy.mcmahel/

Soldato
You can't really use 1000cc on public roads in the UK without loosing your license, can you? Not that many can actually use 1000cc to it potential on a track either. Not many people can trust themselves with a 1L bike either, that's including me ofc. I would probably loose my license (after I get it ofc) :p Banning them would be too extreme, an idiot will kill himself even on a 600cc.

Although, I'm saying this... If I could get a S1000RR now and had the money to do so, I would get it. :D

My 400cc bike is about the max you can 'use' to it's limit and still be legal - red line in the first 3 gears and you're only doing 70-80mph.

But you can use 1000cc no problem on the roads - it's not the bike that's the issue, it's the rider. Just becuase you have a bike that does 180mph and has 200bhp, doesn't mean you have to use it all. It's just self control.

Although I'm not a fan of litre IL4 sport bikes - the massive power, along with long gearing (70+ mph in 1st) and fairing/screen = licence losing speeds in seconds if you're not careful. I'd happily have a litre IL4 naked bike though as the wind lets you know how fast you're going, above 80mph and you know you're going that fast.

It's also a reason I like v-twins - the 'fun' is there at lower revs, not just at 10k plus.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I love to hear the IL4 scream, but that means high petrol consumption and high risk of loosing my license on 600cc's+. I really can't imagine what LS-218 does with you, 200 hp and 168 ft·lbs of instant torque available everywhere!

Soldato

Of course you can use it. Have you heard of torque?

One

One

Soldato

No license yet? Reminds me of the sort of people that have never driven anything but a Fiat Panda and talk about how Ferraris are too fast for the road.

If they were 'too' anything for the road then nobody would buy them and they'd stop being made.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Ferrari fast? I haven't seen any fast ones on the roads here, only seen the 'fast' ones in brouchers. The fastest car I saw on the street was GTR R35 and Tesla (700bhp model, asked the owner), both had brutal acceleration. :D

The fastest bike I ridden was SV650 when I was around 14, and before that at the age of 13 GS500. From cars the fastest had only 250bhp, so nothing too special, but I'll never buy fiat...

And yes I don't have motorcycle license due to the stupid laws, so will do it once I can... :rolleyes:

Edit:

But that was couple years ago, so I don't really remember much and haven't really ridden it properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can 100% use a 1000cc on public roads without losing your license. Just keep the speeds legal....its not hard.

I commute every day on a ZX10R and have no issue with keeping it to the speed limits. If I want to ride fast I'm 10 miles from Castle Coombe circuit. Or as I am doing next year taking it to Almeria for a week to thrash it round a circuit.

The Tesla is only fast if you slam your foot to the road. I test drove one in the summer. All 700BHP is great but you don't have to drive it to the max. Same with a 1000cc.

One

One

Soldato
I drive the Tesla in Summer, awesome bit of kit! It's everything I like about bikes: supreme acceleration. I'm a big fan of getting up to the speed limit very quickly and then backing off. Top speed does nothing for me. If they invented a bike/car that went 0-80 in like 2 or 3 seconds but only had a top speed of 80mph, I would buy it (depending on price ofc).

Last edited:
Soldato
You can't really use 1000cc on public roads in the UK without loosing your license, can you?

Obviously you can't use them to their ultimate potential but then the same applies to a 600cc sports bike. Very few people are capable of exploiting them to the max, irrespective of road conditions. However, 1000ccc bikes are very usable on the road, lots of torque on tap for quick overtakes and reasonably high gearing for more relaxed motorway cruising etc.

Man of Honour
I drive the Tesla in Summer, awesome bit of kit! It's everything I like about bikes: supreme acceleration. I'm a big fan of getting up to the speed limit very quickly and then backing off. Top speed does nothing for me. If they invented a bike/car that went 0-80 in like 2 or 3 seconds but only had a top speed of 80mph, I would buy it (depending on price ofc).

Agreed. Acceleration is far more interesting.

I've ridden a few litre bikes and never found them any harder to ride slowly than my 600s. Their torque was, however, far more appealing and exhilarating.

Back
Top Bottom