Got myself an XB1, whats the must have games?

Soldato
Hey all,

So as per title I just got a XB1 I've always been a PC gamer so I'm completely out of the loop on console games, what are the must have title for XB1 I play all genres really.

So far I have fifa 16 and Destiny they both come with the console as a bundle.

Associate
Hey all,

So as per title I just got a XB1 I've always been a PC gamer so I'm completely out of the loop on console games, what are the must have title for XB1 I play all genres really.

So far I have fifa 16 and Destiny they both come with the console as a bundle.

The Master Chief Collection and then Halo 5.

Basically the exclusives. If you haven't played Titanfall yet I suggest giving it a go. Some great upcoming games such as Halo Wars 2/Gears of War 4.

Soldato
Halo MCC, Halo 5, Forza 6. Also get EA access £20 for the year and you will get some great games at no extra cost, including Dragon age: Inquisition , Titanfall, Battlefield Hardline and more.

Soldato
Witcher 3 is very much my favourite game on the XB1 thus far if you haven't played it yet. It's simply phenomenal.

Soldato
My most enjoyable games so far:

The Walking Dead Season 1 (not played 2 yet) - Games with Gold in October so it's free if you download now.
Shadow of Mordor
Witcher 3
Peggle 2 (free with EA Access)
Ori and the Blind Forest - this is a must
Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - just came out and I'm really liking it so far

As above though, get EA Access.

Caporegime
For a console that's been out for two years that's not exactly a glowing list/s of games. Especially considering the list I could have written after two years with the 360. I read this thread because as soon as I see a decent deal I will buy one myself but it doesn't look like I missed out on much waiting.

Associate
If you have a PC or PS4, there aren't too many interesting exclusives to get on XB1. Otherwise, knock yourself out on multi-plat titles like MGSV, Witcher 3 and the upcoming Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3.

Otherwise the only exclusives I can think of are Forza, Rare Replay, Halo: MCC and Halo 5. Forza is a racing game, not appealing to everyone. Rare Replay is a bunch of old games on one disc, only worth it if one really likes those games. Halo MCC is pointless if one owns the games on XB360, the online remains terrible, but it's good for people who haven't played those games before. Halo 5 has just released, but it has had to make a good many compromises to run at fixed 60FPS. Most notable is the complete lack of splitscreen, no more couch co-op and the graphics have horrendous pop-in. Impressions are mixed. Wait for the dust to settle and check the reviews before buying.

The Master Chief Collection and then Halo 5.

Basically the exclusives. If you haven't played Titanfall yet I suggest giving it a go. Some great upcoming games such as Halo Wars 2/Gears of War 4.

There's another suggestion in GoW4. Maybe pick up the GoW Ultimate Edition if you're a big Gears fan or you've never played the first game, though this is a game also coming to PC.

Halo Wars 2 also comes to PC and I don't mean to be horrible, but it's pointless on console. A traditional style RTS plays horribly with a traditional controller, as much as I liked RTS and Halo, I never bought the first Halo Wars since it was a 360 exclusive. For example, I even tried out the different control methods in Pikmin 3, the traditional controls using the WiiU Pro controller were terrible and the game was only really playable with the Wiimote&Nunchuck, since it's the closest thing to a mouse&KB on console.

Overall, there isn't much to get if one also has a PC or PS4. But if the XB1 is your only console, you'll find a lot of great games to play. Since I have a PC and a PS4, I currently have no reason to buy an XB1. I eagerly await a reason for me to buy one. IMO, one shouldn't buy a new console unless they know what they'll be playing on it. But I can't talk, I've bought a PS4 that I've yet to use or buy an exclusive for. So I'm essentially in the same boat as the OP.

Soldato
I got my XB1 yesterday with Halo MCC, Halo 5 and Forza 6. Looking forward to the new Gears. Grabbed the Games with Gold from the store as well (The Walking Dead season 1 and Valiant Hearts).

Got plenty there to keep me occupied for a while.

Soldato
For a console that's been out for two years that's not exactly a glowing list/s of games. Especially considering the list I could have written after two years with the 360. I read this thread because as soon as I see a decent deal I will buy one myself but it doesn't look like I missed out on much waiting.

They're just the ones that came to my head that I have enjoyed a lot. It wasn't supposed to be an exhaustive list of the best games on the console.

There's a whole host of other games that are worth playing that I didn't list, Titanfall, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, to name a few.

Soldato
They're just the ones that came to my head that I have enjoyed a lot. It wasn't supposed to be an exhaustive list of the best games on the console.

There's a whole host of other games that are worth playing that I didn't list, Titanfall, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, to name a few.

None of those are exclusive though, and there isn't really much else - with a PC / PS4 there's just no justification to get an Xbone (hence why I sold mine).

Even on the PS4 this gen has been disappointing so far.

Soldato
I didn't realise the point of this thread was to point out Xbox exclusives or games that justify getting an Xbox One. The OP asked for game recommendations as he just bought an Xbox One, so I listed some I liked.

It's all subjective, for me buying the Xbox has provided me with countless hours of entertainment through nearly 60 games that I've played on it (according to True Achievements) and its media capabilities.

Soldato
Kind of agree on the exclusives being a little thin on the ground. I'm happy to own both consoles though. Combined they give me plenty of things to have a go at. Now that I have moved on from Destiny (for now!) I have plenty of time for Uncharted/Halo/Forza etc plus any past and future multiplats that I fancy playing.

Gears 4 is end of next year?

Soldato
I just picked up one yesterday because well.. halo! Halo is all about the MP for me and this will keep my xbox one well used. Add in Gears remake (and 4 coming soon), Sunset overdrive and the backlog of EA games I will get my use out of it.

I am basically going to make my xbox one my multiplayer machine and keep my PS4 for platform exclusives / SP

Soldato
I own both consoles as well as a decent lounge/HTPC I only ever buy exclusives for consoles as The PC version is usually cheaper, better and easier to access through steam etc. But I do enjoy the exclusives on the XBone more than the ones on the PS4

My recommendations for XBone

Gold Subscription
EA Access
Forza Horizon 2
Forza 6
Halo MCC
Halo 5

Not allot I know but they're great games and you'll get loads of free stuff with the subs :)

Last edited:
Soldato
If we're talking exclusives then Sunset Overdrive got a lot of praise. I played it briefly and it wasn't my cup of tea, I'll wait until it's either very cheap or free with Games with Gold (might be waiting a while), but plenty of people did like it.

New Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive (I believe) and that's out on the 10th November, too.

Associate
Ori and the Blind Forest is the single most impressive game I've played on the XBO to date. I'm not even especially a fan of platformers. It is in equal measures astonishingly brilliant and completely madenning!

Back
Top Bottom