***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I was about to buy an e-Cig a week or so ago in an attempt to stop smoking, or at least cut down. I work in a bar and someone a few weeks ago left a Cool Fire 4 with an iSub tank on the top, and never rang or returned to come collect it, so is now in my possession.

Now i know very little about vaping, but a few googles and youtubes later ive obviously found out its a sub-ohm mod thing which by all accounts is great, but...

I cleared out the old liquid and gave everything a good clean, and put some of my girlfriends 18mg stuff in it. While its quite nice, its definitely a bit harsh on anything over 22W and has been hurting my lungs. Is this just me getting used to vaping? Or is the nicotine too high?

Ive ordered some new atomizers just in case this one is on its last legs but am really struggling with which juice(s) to go for. I clearly need to drop the nicotine to 6? or 12? but want something fairly sweet, but not too sickly.

So i guess my question is, whats everyone else smoking and whats a good juice to start with?

Associate
Can anyone who has owned/used a X Cube II and Dna200/yihi tell me if the TC on the later is smooth? more effective? Have a proper love hate relationship with the xcube and im convinced I can feel the tc pulsing, ruining the vape for me.

Tempted to buy an ipv3li or dna200 :(

Soldato
3mg in a sub ohm tank is enough, and its vaping not smoking ;)

As for juice, that is a very personal taste, you might as well be talking about food. Start with a selection. for a cheap decent flavour try a couple of the njoy artist range, it is about £8 for 30ml just don't go for the sacreoehhhrrrr what ever the hell it's called. nasty!

you want to pick up atleast one custard, some fruity flavors also. element make some tasty tasty liquids but they can get pricey as you vape them faster than you drink coffee, doesn't help that sub ohm tanks drink like no bodys wax.

I mix my own so only purchase elements, njoy and my local b&m's mixes other wise I could help.
I do remember scope doing some awesome juices back when I first started vaping, not sure how he does now but he may be worth a look also.

Well I told to them a few days ago that £100 is what it is available for elsewhere within UK and I hope their preorder price reflects it for those who have been patiently waiting, so hopefully they've taken that on board. ;)

I will be very happy with that sort of price.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cleared out the old liquid and gave everything a good clean, and put some of my girlfriends 18mg stuff in it. While its quite nice, its definitely a bit harsh on anything over 22W and has been hurting my lungs. Is this just me getting used to vaping? Or is the nicotine too high?
Possibly set too high and too much nicotine.
Dial it down and then slowly increase until you find something you're happy with.

18mg is what most people start on, but often drop lower quite quickly.
Depends what you smoke - I was on rollies, which were around 7mg, so for me 18 and even 12 is WAY too high.

Something else that matters is the PG/VG ratio. Higher PG means a harsher throat hit, even on low Nic fluids.

I clearly need to drop the nicotine to 6? or 12? but want something fairly sweet, but not too sickly.
I think the best thing is to find a local vaping shop, where you can try a bunch of different liquids and see what sort of flavours appeal most. You may be surprised at what floats your boat...

Man of Honour
Well VTBox200 build quality/QC issues are still there it would seem

Dropped into the local vape shop earlier today and they'd got a week old one that would switch itself off when you attached an atty. I had a poke around and ended up getting sparks while screwing on a dripper, wasn't a sticking fire button as it didn't constantly flash Check Atomiser like mine self build did when the button was stuck, so it looks like a a solder joint has failed or something along those lines causing it to short

Soldato
Can anyone who has owned/used a X Cube II and Dna200/yihi tell me if the TC on the later is smooth? more effective? Have a proper love hate relationship with the xcube and im convinced I can feel the tc pulsing, ruining the vape for me.

Cant comment on the Yihi chip, but the DNA200 is the smoothest vape ive every had, i have several DNA40 mods, a Kooper Mini, a Penny, a Dovpo 50tc and ive used my m8s Xcube II...
p.s. he has just bought my Efusion DNA200 to replace his XCube II :p

Soldato
Yeah I know that, it's more for the sake of battery longevity than safety. Can't say I aimed to make the coil 0.22ohms, I just ran the numbers for 30A last night and got that, then built a coil that coincidentally was the same :D

I couldn't tell you how to get that centre pin out unfortunately, might be a "slot something through and brute force it" jobby. I do think the yellow line is in the wrong place though, I think it goes at the end of the centre pin, so your line would be after the second, smaller, white insulator

Bingo, sorry im late commenting, but this is where you are going wrong Merlin5... the pin is the bit below the bottom insulator ring.. so when pulled out will look like the top right corner of the picture (with the blue arrow) and this is where you put the wire ring you make..

Last edited:
Soldato

The YiHi chips (and presumably what evers in the XCube 2) use PWM while in TC mode which gives a pulsing like sensation - the DNA200 doesn't do this.

Personally I don't mind either, I've been using my IPV4 (YiHi-SX330) at work as its a cheap mod and my VS 200 at home :)

E: Cthulhu V2 is now in the bin in bits, complete garbage threw fluid all over my VS 200 because it uses a pointless ****** fluid control ring. Dear tank makers, no one wants juice flow control, tanks either wick or they don't we don't want any in-between, its an added complexity that never works.

Might order a Bellus, £15 on FT.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any reason apart from fault I'm getting leakage from the airholes?

Also not getting much of the flavour.

Its the T-VCT tank, have tried various wattage and air, with Vaping King custard, which is my fav and used for awhile.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any reason apart from fault I'm getting leakage from the airholes?
Several possible reasons...

New vapers often find they are drawing too hard. This can suck in fluid and drown the coil preventing it from vaporising the liquid, which leads to either liquid leaking down out the air holes and/or liquid in your mouth.
If you are getting very little vapour then you are likely drawing too hard. For the same flooding reasons, not drawing hard/deep enough to clear the chimney out means more fluid than the coil can keep up with and again you're spilling. Varying your draw and, if it has one, changing the adjustable airflow can help.
Different liquids can often work best at different voltage/wattage and different airflow settings, so play around and see what suits you best. It's different to a cigarette, so can take a while to get used to.

All devices create condensation, ie the liquid is heated until if forms a vapour. As you draw it up the chimney, some of it cools on the walls of the mouthpiece and runs back down the chimney, through the coil and out of the air slots.
The cure for this is usually to "flick" the condensation out of the mouthpiece (remove the drip tip, if it's at all a loose fit!).

Lastly, using your device generates heat, which heats up the air in the tank and can sometimes push the fluid out, especially if you get it burning hot.

Associate

If you do not want temperature pulsing splash out on Dani extreme v2. Smooth as butter!

Soldato
Several possible reasons...

New vapers often find they are drawing too hard. This can suck in fluid and drown the coil preventing it from vaporising the liquid, which leads to either liquid leaking down out the air holes and/or liquid in your mouth.
If you are getting very little vapour then you are likely drawing too hard. For the same flooding reasons, not drawing hard/deep enough to clear the chimney out means more fluid than the coil can keep up with and again you're spilling. Varying your draw and, if it has one, changing the adjustable airflow can help.
Different liquids can often work best at different voltage/wattage and different airflow settings, so play around and see what suits you best. It's different to a cigarette, so can take a while to get used to.

All devices create condensation, ie the liquid is heated until if forms a vapour. As you draw it up the chimney, some of it cools on the walls of the mouthpiece and runs back down the chimney, through the coil and out of the air slots.
The cure for this is usually to "flick" the condensation out of the mouthpiece (remove the drip tip, if it's at all a loose fit!).

Lastly, using your device generates heat, which heats up the air in the tank and can sometimes push the fluid out, especially if you get it burning hot.

Cheers for that... so I just persevere at it then? This setup all just seems a lot more variable, I guess juice flow is another factor?

Soldato
Just to let people know that I've received the Vapor flask SX... one word "Disappointing"... I'm giving the vendor some time to sort it out with the suppliers because it's a vendor that I've deal with all the time and kinda of buddies with him before I go on one of my mad rages! lol

Soldato
Build quality issues or something else? Would expect perfection at £210 :D

You guys wernt wrong about dual vertical 26g twisted titanium in the aromamizer, can't possibly use anything else now.

Soldato
Just to let people know that I've received the Vapor flask SX... one word "Disappointing"... I'm giving the vendor some time to sort it out with the suppliers because it's a vendor that I've deal with all the time and kinda of buddies with him before I go on one of my mad rages! lol

Thats not good, but i know the feeling, i was disappointed when i got my VaporFlask, the paint finish was not good enough for a £259 mod...
So what's the issues on the SX VF?

Soldato
ooh fancy!

The vtc mini seems far less obvious, with same tank.

Dna200 as early xmas gift to myself, now to choose one.

Have a look on Youtube for PBusardo's DNA200 trilogy, if you know the DNA200 chip then you can skip pasts 1 and 2, but part three he breaks down all the current mainstream mods available and scores them, a must see if you are in the market for a DNA200.

A quick top 3 from his :

1. Wismec Reuleaux
2. Vaporshark VS200
3. Hotcig DX200

I have a the Hotcig and it is a nice wee mod and the changeable lipo is a great idea.
I had a EFusion which was a lovely mod, great size for the true 1300 mAh lipo in it and one of the only few to have such a large cell, but the recharge times forced me to sell it.
I have the Wismec on order, its the only one to use 18650's and will outlast all the current lipo mods even the 1300mAh Efusion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom