OCUK's new website

OcUK Staff
Would be quicker if there was just a TWO page with all the deals though, wouldn't it?

No real point in getting your customers to do the work when it can be done server side.

I am giving you solutions for what we have now and pointing out some of the functions which are quite useful which people have not spotted. :)

I am not a coder, programmer or designer so I can't change the site, all I can do is help people navigate it and change some of the default options, like now the default for all is 48 items per page instead of 12 and new 96 and 192 options have being added, so now most category sub sections are displayed within one page with very little if any performance hit. :)

Soldato
This is still possible:
1. Click This Week Only under OcUK Extra on the left.
2. Then go to finder and click all products.
3. Change items per page to 196

Well that's much better than:

1. Click the big This Week Only.
2. Change items per page to "all".

Said no-one ever :(

OcUK Staff
Been looking at the new site and i like it quite a bit. So easy to navigate to me anyway. Nice and modern looking too. As i have stated, i have ordered from it a few times this week with no issues.

Any teething issues will soon get sorted.

Exactly this, it is a change, people will get used to it and as you play with it more people will realise it has a lot of new options, filtering and useful tools. Of course more will come and like you say any issues are just teething issues which will be resolved.

OcUK Staff
Well that's much better than:

1. Click the big This Week Only.
2. Change items per page to "all".

Said no-one ever :(

It is one extra click, we can probably add a further option to items per page, say 384 which would be the same as all as there are very few sections that have more than 300 products in them. :)

Soldato
It is one extra click

Wasn't that Microsoft's stance on Windows 8? ;)

we can probably add a further option to items per page, say 384 which would be the same as all as there are very few sections that have more than 300 products in them. :)

Please do this ASAP, this would be a huge step towards getting the new sites functionality on par with the old site's.

Soldato
On a PC:

The site looks better but the user experience is probably a bit worse as in navigating around and getting to what you want.

Mobile:

It's not very good on mobile devices and clearly not designed with them in mind. Much worse than some other well known etailers.

Associate
I'm having an absolute mare using the new website, I tried to place an order the other day but every time I tried logging in it tells me I already have an account and bounces me back to the login page, I phoned to place my order instead and the guy on the phone said I had to clear cookies ? I've used 3 different browsers now and can not for the life of me login and see any previous orders,

I click on,

My account
Choose "I am already a customer and my password is"
enter email and password and get bounced back to the same screen

Am I doing something wrong ?

I've rung ocuk 4 times today and keep getting disconnected after hearing the guy say "please continue to hold your call is important to us" :(

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I'm having an absolute mare using the new website, I tried to place an order the other day but every time I tried logging in it tells me I already have an account and bounces me back to the login page, I phoned to place my order instead and the guy on the phone said I had to clear cookies ? I've used 3 different browsers now and can not for the life of me login and see any previous orders,

I click on,

My account
Choose "I am already a customer and my password is"
enter email and password and get bounced back to the same screen

Am I doing something wrong ?

I've rung ocuk 4 times today and keep getting disconnected after hearing the guy say "please continue to hold your call is important to us" :(

Hello HomZ, sorry for your issues, please can you send a bug report

With the email you are trying to login with and I wil try and resolve this for you.

Associate
Hello HomZ, sorry for your issues, please can you send a bug report

With the email you are trying to login with and I wil try and resolve this for you.

Thanks again for your help earlier mate,

Can not for the life of me get it working in IE or Edge,

Seems to be fine with Chrome & Firefox though, I'll try it on another one of my PC's later and see if it works in IE

Anyone else having issues logging in and seeing your details/previous order history etc ?

Associate
Hi, for me the site looks garish, makes me squint a lot but i guess i'll have to get used to it.

Have one suggestion though.

When looking in the components section, can you please set it up so that it's set to LIST by default and also set price wise Low-High by default?

I feel like i'm being saturated by information that i am not looking for with the way it's set now........

Am finding it quite annoying having to re-set it for every single set of components that i'm trying to look at.

Pretty please.

Associate
Hi, for me the site looks garish, makes me squint a lot but i guess i'll have to get used to it.

Have one suggestion though.

When looking in the components section, can you please set it up so that it's set to LIST by default and also set price wise Low-High by default?

I feel like i'm being saturated by information that i am not looking for with the way it's set now........

Am finding it quite annoying having to re-set it for every single set of components that i'm trying to look at.

Pretty please.

^ +1 :D

Associate
I can get over the looks, but why on earth am I having so much trouble placing an order?

I really don't understand why this wasn't all tried and tested before going live with the public. I hate to say it, but I'm probably going to place my monitor order elsewhere today.

Associate
Honestly, i won't ever order from anywhere else.

I get free delivery and the customer service is 2nd to none! The help from the people on the forum is also the best of anywhere i can think of. Especially cause they will and do disagree with you and explain exactly why (in detail), and then point you in the right direction!

It is a pity about the website but things change, even though i may not like it or have a real problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom