**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
A few more leaked pics showing the female character. The graphics seem better than the last round of screenshots but still undoubtedly taken from a console.

g68xWW9.jpg

kLFaM5N.jpg

RpL4XI1.jpg

bT8m77q.jpg

57O0WQB.jpg

Soldato
Are they screenshots of a video? There seems to be some compression artefacts around.

Also, I don't think people realise just how much Youtube compresses video. Next to the uncompressed footage it can actually look quite bad.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Clearly PS4 screenies with the triangle button for Perk Chart so PC quality can only get better. But even these PS4 screenies look OK to me as long as the environment is rich.

Associate
This could be the difference between medium and ultra graphics settings, TW3 has proved this maybe be the case, could this be PS4 shots?

TW3 on PS4 doesnt look much worse than the PC version.

Skyrim on PC Ultra didnt look much different from the console versions either.

That's not how false advertising works.

it is though.

If Star Wars EP7 showcased flashy amazing CGI (like transformers/avatar) in the trailers, and the final product got EP4 quality CGI, people would get real mad and it would ofcourse be false advertising.

Associate
To date Bethesda have made games that I just like playing. The F4 graphics could be identical to F3 and I would still play it.

Only snag is that I am working away at the moment and will not be able to play properly until march next year...ouch!

Roll-on retirement!

Soldato
TW3 on PS4 doesnt look much worse than the PC version.

Skyrim on PC Ultra didnt look much different from the console versions either.
TW3 on PS4 actually does have a pretty significant difference to it maxed out on PC. Problem is, maxing it out on PC(not including Hairworks here either) requires about a GTX980 if you want to play it at a *consistent* 60fps. There were also additional ini tweaks that generally improved draw distance factors, which could have a significant effect on performance without a massive improvement in the end result.

But you're right about vanilla Skyrim on PC not being a massive difference to console at equal resolution. But they also introduced a Hi-Res Texture pack for PC that made a decent difference and combined with 1080p presentation, definitely still made it highly preferable even out-of-the-box.

I get your point, though. Raw graphics(so not including resolution), differences haven't been huge on release. I still think there's some very obvious areas for improvement that could easily be included graphics options, though. The recommended specs, if accurate(they might well not be) would suggest it's going to take a reasonable powerful PC to run it at better settings.

Associate
Big FO fan and played the entire series (FO1&2 several times), but I'm going to give this a month before I give it a shot:

1. Wait for the inevitable patch
2. Wait until the modders tweak things up a bit
3. It will be Christmas and I'll get some time to play it!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
i think im quite excited about the ability for the protagonist to speak. Skyrim and FO3 left me feeling a little cold towards the game world in the sense that i was just along for the ride in a world comprised of their issues and not mine. I never had that feeling with Mass Effect, but i suspect if sheppard never spoke then i would have.

Soldato
i think im quite excited about the ability for the protagonist to speak. Skyrim and FO3 left me feeling a little cold towards the game world in the sense that i was just along for the ride in a world comprised of their issues and not mine. I never had that feeling with Mass Effect, but i suspect if sheppard never spoke then i would have.

I feel the exact opposite. In Fallout and Skyrim I feel attached to the PC as I can control how they respond, and they say everything I choose. In Fallout 4 it seems you are just along for the ride, with you never getting to choose what the player says, and often he/she will speak without you choosing anything. I am very disappointed in the aspect.

Also with a voiced protagonist, there is no way responses will be as varied and unique as New Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom