OCUK's new website

Associate
First time here in over a year as I needed to buy some new stuff. What the hell happened? Website is awful, I can not filter for things I need....off to ****** for now but seriously hope you guys can get back on track soon...

Associate
OcUK said:
Overclockers UK is the online store for gamers and PC enthusiasts with a huge selection of items for all your needs. Why not engage with us using these platforms?

Greetings, fellow kids

Soldato
I used to enjoy browsing through the old site and the stuff for sale. The new site has auto menu popups that really bug me. First world problems I know but when I'm using TABLED contents option and I'm scrolling down a list of items on the website, I have to move my cursor over to one side of the screen to scroll down. If I don't then the auto highlite intrudes by flashing up a greyed out box covering the pic of the product. I know...first world problems but the new site has small niggly things that add up to a level of annoyance that takes away from just simple browsing to see what's what.

Soldato
I have to agree with most people that the new layout feels a bit cluttered and harder on the eye, though it's not the worst thing in the world and is still usable.

Why's the 'This Week Only Deals' page been refined into product categories?
Having to click into each type of product one by one is going to reduce the number of people spotting the deals and jumping on them.

I'm hugely an impulse buyer so being able to scroll through all of the week's deals on a single page made it much more tempting to pick something up.

100% agree.

Permabanned
was a bit strange clicking on the link and being presented with an in your face page, but i do like the red and blue and some the other colours not bad, menu system is okay, takes a little getting used to...

all in all from the little use of the site i did its not bad, certainly feels mobile like which isnt always good on a computer, just need to make the forum more compact that little bit with little more contrast to fit in as it looks faded to the vibrant main site.

Last edited:
Associate
Am sure I'm merely peeing in a sea of pee with this comment, but felt compelled to post my opinion (and the rarity of that should underscore my feelings on the matter), but my $0.02 worth is a resounding "NO" re: the new site.

I thought I'd gone back in time by 10 years to when sites were not UAT'd or optimized for a user experience, but merely an offering of the newest "shiny" that was doing the rounds.

Massively long time customer and builder and the ease of use is way off compared to the previous iteration. The bombardment of information regarding things I'm not looking for is annoying and... ...well it's all been said I suppose.

/rant

Soldato
i like the site, my only dislike is the this week only now split in to sections.

i liked the list of this week only so i could arrange from low to high and then scroll through everything as half the time i'm just looking at the offers on there and may buy something i didn't intend to do so or find something i may use at a good price but now unless i'm looking for certain parts i have to look in each section which i don't have time to do when at work so i dont check everything anymore lol

Last edited:
Don
i like the site, my only dislike is the this week only now split in to sections.

Sure it has already been mentioned, but as soon as you open This Week only, click All Products in the top left, you can then sort by price.

Be nice if sort by price was the default (or saved as an account preference or cookie), same with defaulting to all products.

Permabanned
This is still possible:
1. Click This Week Only under OcUK Extra on the left.
2. Then go to finder and click all products.
3. Change items per page to 196

Takes seconds and then you can easily view all the products on TWO and even sort them into a price range or by brand or type.

New site has a lot more power functions once you get used to it. :)

Were customers asking for more power features?

If you are in the business of selling things it should be as easy as possible requiring the least amount of effort. ;)

Associate
I'm unable to place an order, i go to checkout my basket. Once i get to the next screen i click to "Pay with Amazon" and i get a pop up with an Amazon error saying that there has been the following error:

Error Summary
400 Bad Request
Unknown client_id
Request Details
client_id=undefined
redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi-cdn.amazon.com%2Fsdk%2F2015-10-20-yx18179h%2Ftopic.html%3Furi%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.overclockers.co.uk%252Fcheckout%252Fconfirm%26proxy%3Damazon-proxy-https-api_cdn_amazon_com%26topic%3DdhpNk0AeguGchzlc%26version%3D1
response_type=token
scope=profile%20payments%3Awidget%20payments%3Ashipping_address
language=
ui_locales=

I then have to log back into my account to carry on with the order, i've then tried to change the payment method all that happens is the webpage reloads into my basket again, having to once again log back into my account.

Back
Top Bottom