Vote no confidence in David Cameron

Soldato
I don't even like the Conservatives & feel this kind of petition is a massive waste of time & ignores the democratic process.

On the other what I would like to see is actual consequences when a political party knowingly deceives the electorate - as to win under false pretences also subverts our democratic process. (Obviously this would be difficult to implement).

I don't agree with the comparable 'luckiness' of the poor in the UK compared to the poor abroad, that's like saying victims of sexual molestation should be thankful they were not raped or killed. Something doesn't become acceptable by the virtue of there being a gradient of worse states to reside in.

Associate
So wait, does this mean every time my party of choice doesn't get into power I can just start a petition on the internet until I get what I want?

In that case let's have a vote to rid the SNP of my country.

Man of Honour
Theresa May should die.

However hell no, best of an extremely bad bunch. You relay want Corbin.

Very interested in what happens to lib dems over this parliament, but chances of them getting in a coalition again or even winning is pretty much zero.

Soldato
So it's an online petition, which will be read out in parliament if it gets enough votes, calling on the MAJORITY tory government to hold a vote of no confidence in itself, then hopefully vote itself out of office.

I don't want the tories in power either, but it scares me people as stupid as the ones who devised this plan are allowed to vote...

Soldato
Very interested in what happens to lib dems over this parliament, but chances of them getting in a coalition again or even winning is pretty much zero.

They are certainly a wildcard, don't forget that Cameron is not running in 2020 so the LibDem leader only has to appeal to more people than Corbyn or Boris*

*As of this minute he is the only electable candidate the Torys have, people hate Osborne, the hate IDS/Gove/Hunt and think they're incompetent, and the only other Tory MP people have heard of is John Redwood who's in the doghouse with the current party leadership.

Permabanned
Government cuts cause poverty? Seems backwards. People are in poverty unless the gov takes them out of it with hand outs. Further proof handing people money doesn't solve poverty, it creates a dependant underclass.

Labour like democracy but only when their party wins. If we have another 5 years of labour they will ruin the economy.

Soldato
What pain and misery? People in this country don't know how lucky they are. If they want pain and misery go to the vast majority of the rest of the world. There is a fantastic safety net in this country and our mainstream right is effectively centre.

I'd rather be poor in this country than lower middle class in India.

Soldato
So much hyperbole in this thread... from both pro-tory and anti-tory. Can't stand the Tories but this petition won't do anything, signed it for a laugh anyway. Interested in seeing what happens.

Back
Top Bottom