Football manager 2016

Associate
I wiped my laptop and re-bought FM. It works but I have to open task manager during start up and close it again so that the game kicks in to starting. Odd. Just mucking around seeing who I can sell from various clubs to raise enough cash to make a new save interesting.

Can sell Vardy for £18 million or with Spurs, Kane for £35 million to united and Lamela for £25 million to PSG. £60 million plus the starting £20 million anda half decent squad. Kane is so overated but united are desperate for him so bye bye Kane

Kane can sell for £40m+ to united in my game, they offered £46m IIRC I said £50m but they never came back with an offer :(

Associate
Have you verified the game? See if there are corrupt files. I'm on Win 10 but I've not had a single crash yet.. Which is amazing.

Tried that already. Hopefully the release patch will sort it, if not I guess it could be some kind of graphics conflict where I'm using 2015 stuff. It seems completely random as it's happened both in and out of match engine I just have to have a weekly autosave for now.

Associate
ah i did the data update and nearly finished a season on 15, so tempted to pull the trigger and get this for £35 on steam, but you can get it elsewhere and miss the beta for £23.....

least my huge graphics folder of facepacks, logos, kits etc can be copied across!

Associate
Aside from the random crashes I mentioned I'm enjoying it. Nothing majorly different as you'd expect but hundreds of little changes come together to make it feel nice. Still some match engine issues I'd expect to be ironed out and tweaked for the release patch, though. Decided to try and drag Wigan back up from League 1 which is no easy task given with the state of their team! .

Man of Honour
OP
Aside from the random crashes I mentioned I'm enjoying it. Nothing majorly different as you'd expect but hundreds of little changes come together to make it feel nice. Still some match engine issues I'd expect to be ironed out and tweaked for the release patch, though. Decided to try and drag Wigan back up from League 1 which is no easy task given with the state of their team! .

What are the ME issues you've seen so far out of interest? I've seen some of the new moves which are quite nice. It's the little changes that really make the difference in my opinion and there are dozens of them.

I've started in the Scottish league 1 and something I really like is how the scouting appears more realistic. Now instead of simply being able to hire a coach with relevant scouting knowledge of a country, you have to scout that area first. So when you are playing as a semi-pro team, or are playing in a lower tier with limited scouting it's virtually impossible to build up a widespread knowledge. This is how it should be. It has taken me a season and a half to gain 30% worldwide coverage as a result.

I really like! It's growing on me.

Associate
I've found some of the fullback defending is pretty atrocious, and for some reason every time my guys go in for a challenge the opposition player turns into Gannaro Gattuso and mine into Frank Spencer.

Not totally sold yet, but the UI is much better then previous versions.

Associate
A few times I've had players get stuck with the ball and nothing happens they all just stand still. Strange GK behaviour too, I'm not even at Christmas in my save and conceded/scored at least 5 goals rebounds from woodwork hit the GK on the back and gone in. Rebounds in general have vastly improved though, they no longer just stay still after making a save but actually react to the 2nd ball which really annoyed me in FM15

Some good news regarding my crashes, posted the dumps on the forum and it's something they are aware of and looking into :)

Last edited:
Associate
ah i did the data update and nearly finished a season on 15, so tempted to pull the trigger and get this for £35 on steam, but you can get it elsewhere and miss the beta for £23.....

I am thinking the same is it worth waiting as normally drops in price a couple weeks after release or stump up the cash to start with beta now

Associate
I seriously hope this is a bug, tried to sign Laporte... wanted 350k a week no exceptions. Ok laters. So then I turned my attention to De Vrij... Hey mate I want 350k a week too. You're not ****ing Lionel Messi mate.

Soldato
I seriously hope this is a bug, tried to sign Laporte... wanted 350k a week no exceptions. Ok laters. So then I turned my attention to De Vrij... Hey mate I want 350k a week too. You're not ****ing Lionel Messi mate.

Who are you playing as, this has been in the game for a while now if you are playing as a club that has a lower reputation than them they will ask for astronomical wages

Back
Top Bottom