Help With a Micro ATX Sysem Please

Associate
Will be used for some video editing, streaming and maybe light gaming when my son is at home.

I already have:
Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT or an Antec 550W Basiq Plus-GB power supply.
500gb sata hard drive.
A maybe working GeForce GTX 460 1024mb GDDR5 gfx and a maybe working Sapphire HD4870.

All my data/music/photos/video is held on a Synology DS212J NAS.

Am looking for a quick start up so would be buying a solid state drive for the OS (Win 10 pro) then using my old 500gb drive for other programmes and general fiddling around.

I want a small mATX case and am planning on buying a Fractal Core 1100.

So what recommendations for mATX mobo, intel cpu, memory and gfx card if mine aren't working? Would like on board graphics so the board will run without a card if necessary but want to include a gfx card in the build. Budget about £500 to £550 but this may need to be higher depending on the gfx card situation.

The Fractal Core 1100, http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/core-series/core-1100, isn't a huge case so wouldn't want a huge GFX card.

Would like it to be fairly quiet as well!

Thanks in anticipation....

Associate
OP
Thanks. Will look at that in more detail. Considerable difference in gfx price not fully offset by cheaper cpu. Is there a huge difference in performance for video editing? Ability for gaming is very secondary really, in fact not really essential on reflection.

Associate
OP
No need for an overclocking cpu. Interesting idea to spend less on gfx and go for i7. Would an i7 with a mobo with onboard graphics, such as the Gigabyte one you suggested, be any good for video editing or any gaming?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No need for an overclocking cpu. Interesting idea to spend less on gfx and go for i7. Would an i7 with a mobo with onboard graphics, such as the Gigabyte one you suggested, be any good for video editing or any gaming?

I would try it all depends on whether you can take advantage of a gpu. You always got you gtx 460 to fall back on.

Could go for this I7 option a little over budget but 6 cores 12 threads should fly when encoding , and 16gb of ram.

NOTE this option has no onboard graphics.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £596.06
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom