The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross marathon on Twitch

Soldato
Awesome! Bet the chat was moving fast! What has been the highest viewer count on Twitch?

Will miss this, have put it on a few times and ended up watching for a couple of hours. Definitely inspired me to get back into some art as I used to love it at school but havent bothered with it since.

For one individual channel? Hard to say I'm sure if you google it there will be answers.

I know Dota2 TI5 had 500k+ as do some of the CSGO Majors. But the highest count is probably from the LoL world championships, I don't watch or play LoL but it is the most popular game on twitch.

Man of Honour
Bring back Bob, miss his soothing voice lol

Going to get a few of his DVDs and I've actually ordered the starter kit! I feel inspired and definitely want to at least give it a go

Caporegime
Bring back Bob, miss his soothing voice lol

Going to get a few of his DVDs and I've actually ordered the starter kit! I feel inspired and definitely want to at least give it a go

I'm going To order the starter kit this weekend as well.

Soldato
i wasnt aware of bob until we found this on twitch, then checked in every day instead of simpsons repeats :)

Seems like an amazing man and really did feel sad at the end when they played that remix song :)

Soldato
2 secs to google.
Ross was diagnosed with lymphoma in the early 1990s, which eventually forced his retirement after The Joy of Painting's final episode aired on May 17, 1994. He died at the age of 52 on July 4, 1995.[19][7] His remains are interred at Woodlawn Memorial Park in Gotha, Florida.[20]

:(

Associate
There's something just a little off with Bob Ross. His voice is so soothing yet he sometimes sighs like he's just so ****** off with everything. I wonder if when the camera stopped rolling he went and kicked a bag of kittens or something.

Soldato
There's something just a little off with Bob Ross. His voice is so soothing yet he sometimes sighs like he's just so ****** off with everything. I wonder if when the camera stopped rolling he went and kicked a bag of kittens or something.

He had cancer twice and survived a heart attack, as well as losing his mother and wife. Inspiring how he could be so happy with all that happening in his life. :(

According to his friends and colleagues he was the same off camera.

Soldato
Such a shame because his wife died of cancer just a year or so before he did if i remember rightly, but he carried on with the show and was really brave for that!

Really hope after the counter his son steve does a live painting!

Soldato
If you want to know more about his life there is a good documentary that was made in 2011 called "Bob Ross:The Happy Painter". It is sad to watch though, it has clips of a pilot childrens show he made close to his death and he doesn't look well :(

Soldato
If you want to know more about his life there is a good documentary that was made in 2011 called "Bob Ross:The Happy Painter". It is sad to watch though, it has clips of a pilot childrens show he made close to his death and he doesn't look well :(

Thats like everytime i see that last queen music video :( not nice at all and always brings the feels! May look that up though.

Its odd, never crossed my mind before, but i kind of want to try painting! I wonder how many people will be inspired to start or try it out after this event?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats like everytime i see that last queen music video :( not nice at all and always brings the feels! May look that up though.

Its odd, never crossed my mind before, but i kind of want to try painting! I wonder how many people will be inspired to start or try it out after this event?

Definitely inspired me to have a go. When he was mixing the paint together with the knife i so wanted to go out and buy some paints to just do that lol.

Whats this starter set a few people have mentioned? I looked on the website and it seems to be US only?

EDIT: Ahh found it on Amazon for £58. Wonder if it'll be in the black friday sale..

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely inspired me to have a go. When he was mixing the paint together with the knife i so wanted to go out and buy some paints to just do that lol.

Whats this starter set a few people have mentioned? I looked on the website and it seems to be US only?

EDIT: Ahh found it on Amazon for £58. Wonder if it'll be in the black friday sale..

Asked my gf for that as a fun xmas gift! Blank canvas arent too cheap but we wont make mistakes, just happy accidnets :)

Back
Top Bottom