I love RyanAir

Soldato
I too vaguely remember a spate of maydays called by RYR crews for low fuel in a short space of time quite a while back. I think the authorities looked into it and found that technically there were no rules broken.
They would have been saying low fuel (perfectly legal at the time) which would have got them priority for an approach. No need to declare any form of emergency, just that they're a bit low. Now if a pilot says they're low fuel, the response from ATC is usually "Are you declaring an emergency?". Either they say yes, get priority, have to deal with paperwork and a lot of **** from their company, or they say no and nothing happens.

This happened a few years ago so I may not be entirely accurate with my recall.

Caporegime
Never flown with Ryanair and never will, for the same reason I prefer shopping in more affluent areas - I don't like being around the dregs of society (not that Ryanair or shopping in poor areas is only that, but you're much less likely to come across a drunk chav or whatever on a more expensive airline).

Soldato
The only way is to ensure you book an extra leg room seat first, get on first, put on the noise cancelling headphones and switch off while the 'norms' board. It is hellish, it's very blue and yellow but they do have new planes mostly.....and loads of options with win big with scratch cards and cheap fags......oh wait.

the scratch cards are a scam, they sell £12m per year wroth, I think something like E200k goes to charity. There is only one 1m Euro winter per year and if you do win there is a box with 125 elopes and you have to pick the envelope with the cash in it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryanair-plane-unfair-charity-lotto-5920749

If true I don't know how they can get away with it.

Permabanned
I wouldn't fly ryan air out of principle, if you want service fly with someone else
That, +1.

I've seen enough of O'Leary's business principles that there's no way I would fly Ryanair. I would use another airline if possible, and if it's not, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't fly Ryanair even if they paid me to do so.

Soldato
Flown with them loads into Poland and back (perhaps 30+ times), only airline choice i've got for my destination in Lodz. Not great, not that bad either, you get what you pay for.

Soldato
However, if it weren't for seatbelts, there would have been fatalities on a particular flight I was on years ago that ran into CAT over the North Atlantic. That one was scary.

I think the thing people should be asking, is why would there be cats at 30000 feet. If this is true I don't want to fly anymore, If they've truly developed self flight capabilities we should all be worried about our futures.

Did it make a meeeow as it flew by? I can only imagine that is the sound it would make, but welcome your first hand account.

Associate
I think the thing people should be asking, is why would there be cats at 30000 feet. If this is true I don't want to fly anymore, If they've truly developed self flight capabilities we should all be worried about our futures.

Did it make a meeeow as it flew by? I can only imagine that is the sound it would make, but welcome your first hand account.

:D

It was more like this tbh:

Permabanned
I think the thing people should be asking, is why would there be cats at 30000 feet. If this is true I don't want to fly anymore, .....
It fell out of a plane at 35000 feet?

It forgot its parachute?

Boiler explosion?

Species identity crisis, and thinks it's a bird (with altitude ambition)?

Feline Cannonball test flight gone wrong?

Soldato
Last time I flew ryanair, was a work trip to frankfurt for a conference, via stanstead, and oh gosh was it painful, almost an hour to get through check-in, which was more like a cattleshed than anything else. And on the way back, 45 minutes standing on the tarmac waiting to get onboard, in torrential rain. And when we finally land.. of the 50 or so of us who went, 35 failed on the digital passport check, despite the assertion of the passport chap that "It works for 99% of people, you're doing it wrong!"

Soldato
Flown twice with them and was alright bearing in mind I paid more for meals than the price of the return flight. On time and got me there in one piece, can't say anyone was rude so not much else to ask for, although personally I do prefer to pay a little more for other airlines. Not just for the service but fact that Ryanair use some very obscure airports for some destinations. That and cheap tickets attract certain kinds of people I'd rather not fly with #snob

Back
Top Bottom