*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Associate
Anyone know how to get the Defenses number up for base building? I've tried building barricades, watch towers, and traps but it won't shift off Defenses: 0.

Soldato
Build turrets and assign people to your guard posts so they do patrols. Build the tannoy system to attract more people to your base and a sign them all a task.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All junk in each settlement is linked wherever you put it in that settlement (armor, weapon, cooking etc) once you get the perk you can set up supply lines then those settlements will all have one shared inventory.

Soldato
I think a good addition to the level/perk system would be to be able to tag a perk and the system then auto levels to attain that perk.

Enjoying the Bortherhood quests so far, not done much in the way of the main story yet.

Associate
n00b questions alert!!

- when i pick up a comic, does it automatically give me the perk point or do i need to do something with it? do i need to keep it in my inventory?
- i'm really struggling to understand the 'build resources/power/etc' component of this wonderful game....are there any tutorials? i'm guessing the best place to start my first build-out is the red rocket garage?

Absolutely loving this game, it's gonna fill the gap while I wait for Elder Scrolls VI :)

Soldato
n00b questions alert!!

- when i pick up a comic, does it automatically give me the perk point or do i need to do something with it? do i need to keep it in my inventory?
- i'm really struggling to understand the 'build resources/power/etc' component of this wonderful game....are there any tutorials? i'm guessing the best place to start my first build-out is the red rocket garage?

Absolutely loving this game, it's gonna fill the gap while I wait for Elder Scrolls VI :)

Once you pick up the comic and it opens up on screen and you select A (XB) or X (PS) that's you read it and you have earned the buff. You can then sell it to a vendor and you get good caps for them. You keep the buff forever regardless so as well to sell them.

Best place for building is Sanctuary to begin with. What is it you are struggling with specifically?

Soldato
Thanks, re: comics :)

Re: Building, where do I build......can I build anywhere within a certain radius of a workbench?

Yeah, you have a certain radius. If you go into the building mode within the area you want to build, just pick any direction and keep running, you will eventually come to the edge of that "settlement" and see a green glow around the area which shows the boundaries of where you can build in that settlement.

Oh, mines is GREEN, but the colour may be different for you if you changed your UI colours on your PipBoy etc. I don't know if that's the case, that's just a guess but you'll make sense of what I am saying regardless :)

Soldato
n00b questions alert!!

1) All books / mags / comics read = you gain a permanent point for that series. You can then sell the item for caps. It's permanent and can be found noted in your pip boy.

2) All Junk now contain materials, some multiple, some just single. Remember to hoard them and always drop them off in your main workshop (most will be the Sanctuary, rather than Red Rocket, but it's your choice)

Once you get the Local Leader perk, you can assign people in your settlements to run supply lines between sites, and that will mean all your materials are now shared.

You do not need to scrap any junk individually, your workshop will do that automatically as you craft items, it'll break it down, by showing you a list of items it'll break before something is crafted, if you do not have enough raw material.

Tip - first go around your settlement and scrap anything that's highlighted Yellow, they can't be stored and 9 times out of 10, they're pointless and adds nothing aesthetically.

Now with a clearer sheet, start building till you run out of mats, go out explore, haul it home, repeat.

Soldato
I've put well over 20 hours in to this already...guess what? My save game has corrupted. :mad::mad: Ridiculous. I don't know what to do.:( I absolutely don't have the patience to start all over.

Edit: Man alive, it was just the most recent save that went wrong (the one it tried to load from hitting 'continue'). Went down to the 'load' option and went to one from just a little bit before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom