*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Soldato
I'm a couple of hours in, just got that group of people back to Sanctuary and built some beds. To be honest, not really feeling it yet. Probably just need to give it more time.

Wait till you spend 2 hours organising your settlement and realise Fallout is now a Post-Apocalyptic Civic Simulator, where you are the mayor, lead architect and manual labourer. All the other people are there to serve you by producing food, water and sleep next to dead bodies of Feral Ghouls.

Caporegime
Is anyone else constantly short of screws to build things? Where do you get those from?

If you go into the my junk section of your inventory and click either RB or LB and hover over screws you can see what items you can get them from, it also lets you tag that material so items that have screws in the world will have a little icon next to them. Also there is a perk that lets you get screws from scrapping guns.

Associate
Is there a reliable time played clock in the game? My save has a 16 hour time stamp on it, but as I only installed it yesterday and am only around 3 hours in I'm assuming that's in game time maybe?

Soldato
Is there a reliable time played clock in the game? My save has a 16 hour time stamp on it, but as I only installed it yesterday and am only around 3 hours in I'm assuming that's in game time maybe?

Do you use instant on mode (assuming you're on Xbox One)? Perhaps you're not fully quitting the game and it's counting the time played while the console is in standby.

Soldato
Scrapper is a must have, I have the level 2 on it now so you get fiber optics and all sorts as well, very handy.

I was previously overloading my bag picking up desk fans to get the screws from them haha.

Associate
Do you use instant on mode (assuming you're on Xbox One)? Perhaps you're not fully quitting the game and it's counting the time played while the console is in standby.

Im on PS4. I do generally use suspend, but surely thats not counted as game time? The Witcher suffered from that months ago and with the long load times I guess most people will use the feature.

Soldato
Desk fans or I find type writers good for (3)screws.

I'm finding adhesive hard to find I think you get it from duct tape though so I'll have to hunt for that later.

Also crystal is rather hard to come across too for laser weapon mods :(

Soldato

I'm finding adhesive hard to find I think you get it from duct tape though so I'll have to hunt for that later.

Crystals are all over the place.

In all of these items

Cameras / laster traps / microscopes and merchants tend to carry them

Soldato

Duct Tape and Wonderglue gives adhesive.

If you cook vegetable starch you can scrap that for adhesive also!

It is the most annoying mat for me at the moment as everything uses lots of it but it's not exactly in massive abundance.

Associate
I've just thought of another question, sorry :embarrassed:

Each time I level up I get to put one point in to a SPECIAL stat. I'm only level 8, but I still haven't see how those stats translate to Perks??

I have 8 points in STR as my highest stat so far.

Soldato
I've just thought of another question, sorry :embarrassed:

Each time I level up I get to put one point in to a SPECIAL stat. I'm only level 8, but I still haven't see how those stats translate to Perks??

I have 8 points in STR as my highest stat so far.

If you level up your SPECIAL, it opens up perks so for instance you have 8 points in strength, go into the level up screen and look at all the perks you now have available under strength, you still need to level up/open each perk as well.

Is that what you mean?

Back
Top Bottom