Skoda

Caporegime
I always find it weird that people see the octavia as a size up from the Golf - when in reality its exactly the same platform and only slightly larger. It's just the shape that makes it look like a larger, Mondeo size, car.

The MQB platform underpins everything from Audi TT, through Golfs and Passats, and up to the Tiguan. The Octavia is over 40cm longer than the 5 door Golf, with a longer wheelbase and much bigger boot. It's only 10cm shorter than a Passat. People see it as a bigger car because it is a bigger car.

My turn now:

Last edited:
Don
Anyone seen any exceedingly good PCH deals going on these or the Superb at the moment? I've seen the offers from Simpsons, but not sure if there are any better ones out there?

Soldato
Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Cracking DSG barge.

NqE1nqS.jpg

Had a good look at one just like that when I was staying in a friends caravan in the lake district. It was sat in the middle of a muddy field surrounded by sheep. It had changed colour by the time the owner had packed up his tent and drove off.

Soldato
Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Cracking DSG barge.

NqE1nqS.jpg

yay
P1040589_zpspixxf3aj.jpg

Nice Octavia's, especially the Estate's :)

Soldato
I do like the new VRS however just feel the wheels need to be bigger or maybe the right height just a tad lower.

Caporegime
I do like the new VRS however just feel the wheels need to be bigger or maybe the right height just a tad lower.

The optional 19s wheels with hexagonal spokes look far better than the already smart looking standards, but they are an expensive addition (in tyre cost too), especially if like me its leased.

We have a good selection of colours in here :).

Associate
I'll never understand why anyone would wreck the ride with lower profile tyres and less suspension compliance particularly in a car like this that you buy for it's practically as much as it's performance. Each to their own of course :)

Towing a trailer 'fixes' the rear ride height I have found - a little too much for my liking. Anyone with experience of spring assisters?

Caporegime
I'm going to destroy the right side boulster on the drivers seat I feel. I have the seat low and almost all the way back so can't get in or out without sitting on it and/or sliding over it. It's looking crinkled after 2 days :(

Caporegime
One of my local Skoda dealers (Lookers Guildford) matched the Simpsons deal that was on at the time (£199 a month with a £1490 deposit). Another dealer in Epsom sucked air through his teeth, said he would look into it, and never called back.

Associate
I went with Simpsons half way down the country despite having a Skoda dealer 1mile from my house they weren't able/willing to match it. Seems a strange move but maybe they thought I was bluffing?

Simpsons were great with customer service, much better than I received locally. Hope they can be as good come next renewal.

Soldato
Quick question, is a 1.9 Diesel in a 2005 Octavia going to be alright for short town trips in terms of fuel economy and engine health or would a petrol be a better idea? Ta.

Soldato
Should be OK. There's no DPF to cause issues. Which output engine is it? The 1.9 goes anywhere from a pedestrian 60-something hp non-turbo SDI beloved of minicab drivers to a 130bhp...

I've been abusing my 2005 Fabia vRS with short town trips for 10+ years without any issues. Anything under a couple of miles and it guzzles fuel until it's warmed up a bit, happily averages 40-42mpg on three/four mile trips for work.

Back
Top Bottom