Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
After reading his comments, Jason Manford definitely sums up the attacks well...

Beyond tragic, what a very messed up world we live in.

Agreed.

Facebook removed him, not just his comments, pathetic. What he said was right.

Just Google his name and the first link will tell you what he said.

Edit: His profile has been reinstated but the comment has been removed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeap totally agree what makes you think it isn't already trying?

Someone said earlier these countries should be isolated to let them fight their own battles - agree with this. But isolation also means no meddling from Western nations. Including our constant support for Saudi and wahhabism and arming local militias to fit our own goals.

When nations ask for help against funded insurgents - what would you do?

EDIT: Sorry - was speed reading the thread. The problem has typically been that the reliance on oil etc has been historic, the emergence of terrorism related is something recent. Being ultra conservative is one thing - not many orthodox russians going around blowing people up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be fair to them, I think Facebook just react to incidents where a large number of reports are made about a post automatically, I doubt they personally vet every complaint.

Soldato
It is a bit naive to think that there are tons it would not happen.

They're going for impact and shock factor as much as anything else, trying to make the governments and authorities look incompetent for not being able to stop an attack in one of their own major cities. Hitting a town in Cheshire with a population of 80,000 (both facts I just learned from Wikipedia) doesn't achieve that.

Suspended
How can you say you're not playing a trump card when in the very sentence previous you said 'practical experience means I know what works and what doesn't.' Fact of the matter is, regardless of what you do in the army you don't have a monopoly on opinions.

Debate people on the evidence. Don't expect to be able to shut down the debate by saying you were in the army or know more than everyone else. There are other people on here with some knowledge of the situation and some expertise.

You're not worth catching a ban for, which is what will happen if I respond to this the way I'd like to. You have no clue what you're talking about and you've been indulged enough. No more.

Permabanned
They're going for impact and shock factor as much as anything else, trying to make the governments and authorities look incompetent for not being able to stop an attack in one of their own major cities. Hitting a town in Cheshire with a population of 80,000 (both facts I just learned from Wikipedia) doesn't achieve that.

I am imagine 150 dead in a terrorist attack anywhere in the UK would achieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom