**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Caporegime
Do you guys recommend removing the fps cap and if so, how do you go about it?

Personally, I haven't found it to be all that worth it, though that may be something to do with recording game play. If you do remove it, I'd set a frame rate limit otherwise it can screw around with the game, e.g. animations operating much faster. You can use the following to have a tinker with, and I think Afterburner can set a precise limit on what you want that to be, such as 65 / 70 / 75.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

----------
Out of interest, does anyone know why the FO4 options control panel changes the choices you make. For instance, I set everything to ultra, yet when I check things later one or two of the settings have dropped down to high or medium (namely godrays and lighting)?

Last edited:
Soldato
Slightly annoying I can't overclock without it crashing seems really sensitive. At stock gpu clock it's rock solid it seems.

You get games like that, it makes sense to test your overclocks against them.

I tested my GPU overclock against crysis 3 because it always kills overclocks, 12 months later, not a single crash ever.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mini-review

Just completed the game. Well the main story portion anyway. I am so glad I did not start the main story until yesterday and took my time to discover lots of locations and do lots of quests before.

Now that I have completed it, I would say the game is not as good as Fallout 3 overall. The main big improvement which I enjoyed was the graphics. Fallout 3 has this beat in every other department as far as I am concerned. That said I still give Fallout 4 a 9 out of 10 overall. It still retains a lot of what we love about Fallout and it was a joy to play.

Oh and even though I did not enjoy it as much as Fallout 3, I still enjoyed it more than the witcher 3. I think it comes down to taste probably. I find exploring and rpg as a whole a lot more fun in Fallout.

Will play it a bit more over the weekend and then maybe just wait until there are some patches/mods come out and return to continue my exploration :D

Associate
So I just discovered a heated conversation going on just to the West of Museum of Freedom in Concord.
There's a guy (Fred) shouting at a 'synth' called Jules (I think), and a woman in the background called Angela.
I have options to try and talk Fred down from killing Jules but I always fail persuasion.

Has anyone else experienced this bit?
Do I just up my charisma and come back to it?
..just straight killing Jules calms Fred/Angela down, but I'd like no blood if poss ;)

Soldato
There are actually a surprising amount of references to Fallout 3 in the game. Wasn't expecting them at all.

The main story is very good imo, just not suitable for this type of game.

The thing that impressed me most about the game is the characters. More than any previous Fallout /TES game, pretty much all side characters are memorable and there are some really interesting ones.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So I just discovered a heated conversation going on just to the West of Museum of Freedom in Concord.
There's a guy (Fred) shouting at a 'synth' called Jules (I think), and a woman in the background called Angela.
I have options to try and talk Fred down from killing Jules but I always fail persuasion.

Has anyone else experienced this bit?
Do I just up my charisma and come back to it?
..just straight killing Jules calms Fred/Angela down, but I'd like no blood if poss ;)

Yes, I encountered them. Sorry, but I can't recall what worked / how I managed to calm things down. At the start, I balanced out my points quite well, perhaps that's why. I would think that boosting your charisma should do the trick.

Soldato
Anyone encountered these two bugs?

1) Weapon and Pip-Boy disappearing from the screen but you can still fire etc. Have to load a save game to correct.

2) Terminals that cant be cracked, literally every option results in 0 matches. Going out and back in fixes it.

Caporegime
Anyone encountered these two bugs?

1) Weapon and Pip-Boy disappearing from the screen but you can still fire etc. Have to load a save game to correct.

I've heard of others experiencing it. I haven't, yet.

2) Terminals that cant be cracked, literally every option results in 0 matches. Going out and back in fixes it.

Do you have a 120 / 144hz monitor? If I recall correctly, that can be the cause of it.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/11/10/fallout-4-problems-fixes/

Last edited:
Soldato
21% are negative reviews, that's not a great figure.

But overall, I think 79% is about what I'd give the game. It's good but there's been far better.
If it wasn't fallout, it likely wouldn't do so well. I was ready for some more fallout and find it decent enough. It does feel a bit... "flat" though.
The minutemen quests being "go save X settlement" and the settlement quest then being "these bandits/ghouls/mutants have been hassling us, go kill em" is a bit too cheesy. Oh well, still enjoying overall.

Associate
Hi I'm coming late to the fallout4 party.
I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to get me up to speed with a simple 1 word answer, as I'm still stuck in work.
Fallout 4, does it feel more like fallout 3 or new Vegas? Or neither?

Thank you

Permabanned
Personally, I haven't found it to be all that worth it, though that may be something to do with recording game play. If you do remove it, I'd set a frame rate limit otherwise it can screw around with the game, e.g. animations operating much faster. You can use the following to have a tinker with, and I think Afterburner can set a precise limit on what you want that to be, such as 65 / 70 / 75.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

----------
Out of interest, does anyone know why the FO4 options control panel changes the choices you make. For instance, I set everything to ultra, yet when I check things later one or two of the settings have dropped down to high or medium (namely godrays and lighting)?

Using the configuration tool caused that to happen and wouldn't change until I deleted it and the ini files along side it

Back
Top Bottom