Just a quick thank you and my story.

Suspended
I follow weight watchers, I walk everywhere... Very rarely get the lift anymore, always try and take the stairs. I also do the odd exercise class and exercise DVDs at home.

Well done, that's not that much of a strict regime to lose the amount you have but it's worked wonders for you. you must be so proud.

That would be me :D

I gather you are the Husband, well done that man for sticking by I'm sure you must have been an influence and motivation for her efforts.

As long as you're both happy that's all that matters :)

Soldato
My wife and I both started Slimming world, Since i have lost 22lbs and she has lost 32Lbs

Both much happier than before.

Grats on your achievement!

Soldato
I gather you are the Husband, well done that man for sticking by I'm sure you must have been an influence and motivation for her efforts.

As long as you're both happy that's all that matters :)

I am indeed but I take no credit for the amazing effort my wife has put in to this, I have tried to be there as much as I could when needed for emotional and moral support but this is 100% her doing, I started with her and lost 47lb but once I started working full shifts I gave up.

the dedication it has taken has been amazing, she has had people complain at her for being too strict with her choices ( things like taking her own kitchen scales when having a meal at people houses to stay in control) but it has never got to her, we have still had fun throughout the whole thing, a week on holiday, a long weekend in London eating at Royal Hospital Road and Dinner along with Byron and Flat Iron for the simpler days.

I loved her when she was at her biggest and I love her as she is now, nothing will change that (please don't quote this if I ever have my own GD "she left me and I don't know what to do" thread :confused:) she finally has the confidence and energy she didn't have when she was fat.

Permabanned
Amazing work there....

You know it might be extreme but not eating solid food for a week can mean like a stone gone at least. I know it happened to me two years ago i got the worst flu just before Christmas.

Ben ridden for 8 days solid, Just water is all i could hold down and was throwing up everywhere. At the end of 8 days i had easily lost over a stone. I am not saying everyone should live on nothing or juice because you will have no energy but the body will literally eat that excess fat and then muscle after a few days of nothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
So... you are saying she was fat?
You can't say that! She now has ammo !!!!

No worries, she has way more ammo on me then that :D

She knows how much I love her and we have people amased and occasionally offended at what we say to each other but we know deep down how we feel about each other... The fact is, she was fat and needed to do something about her size, the thing most people didnt expect is that she did actually do somthing about it and proved every doubter wrong.

With regards the large nickers comment earler; she hasn't but her and her sister were both able to fit in her wedding dress together and she still has a size 28 jeans as a reminder of how far she has come.

I didn't want to derail the thread into some sort of public love post but I'm happy to say I always had a very pretty fat wife... Now I have a stunner! (This is in the most generic term possible, I loved her just as much before but its hard to doubt how much better she looks)

Associate
OP
Really well done! :)

Do you have much issue with remaining loose skin?

Going into this I knew I'd have loose skin, what I didn't know was how much it would bother me (My Doctor said even if I had worked out several hours a day the damage to my muscles from two csections and the stretching of my skin to the size I was contributed to the loss of elasticity of my skin).
I don't have the loose neck skin like some people get when they loose weight and my arms aren't too bad but 'the girls' and my stomach are quite frankly horrendous. I feel like I have the body of a 80yr old when I take my clothes off.

I have been to the Doctor in regards to maybe getting a tummy tuck and a breast lift and just for the tummy tuck alone it's £12,000 and because I didn't get a gastric band or weight loss surgery done on the NHS, they won't do anything so the plan is to save up and pay for it privately.

Associate
OP
Have you tried on any of your old ermm "large" knickers since the weight loss? Heheh

I don't have any of my old undies lol, but I do have these...
Me and my sister fitting into my wedding dress and my old size 28 jeans a couple of weeks ago...

Associate
You have done an amazing job, it takes quite some resolve to persevere I know but congratulations, great accomplishment and good luck with carrying it on!

Back
Top Bottom