Sigh. I don't want to, but...

Soldato
I'm in a similar boat, happy to pay for my tv as they need money to keep the quality up that I enjoy but I refuse to have multiple subs. I now just have basic Sky and a streaming box for any sport/movies and non sky products.

Soldato
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd bump this one.

The Netflix library is still **** poor.

I'd happily pay more than £5.99 for better content, but it's too easy to stream elsewhere.

Just get unblock US and use it with netflix, the worldwide library is really quite good.

Soldato
Thread revival but I've got to agree with the op. I'm a massive rugby league fan but in order to watch it on TV I have to pay through the nose for sky TV and sky sports, plus the hd pack. At £70 a month it just isn't worth it. I don't care for watching football, so £70 is an outrageous sum to pay.

Soldato
Thread revival but I've got to agree with the op. I'm a massive rugby league fan but in order to watch it on TV I have to pay through the nose for sky TV and sky sports, plus the hd pack. At £70 a month it just isn't worth it. I don't care for watching football, so £70 is an outrageous sum to pay.

Don't follow sport but can you not just get a NowTV sports pass?

The NowTV movie and entertainment passes has all the best sky stuff at a far lower price point.

Soldato
I think the issue here is that we are really early on in the online TV market so things are a little crazy in terms of the number of suppliers and the fragmentation of the market overtime I'm sure there will be mergers and acquisitions that make the market much more streamlined and I can also see a time not to far off where Netflix subscriptions and the like are bundled into our broadband deals so we won't see the actual costs and there will be aggregator front ends that plug into the various services so we don't have an app for each etc. The market will force things in that direction much like the market has driven the appearance of online services in the first place that 10 years ago people would have laughed at.

Back
Top Bottom