Microsoft Band

kbc

kbc

Associate
I did almost impulse buy the first one. But reviews showed it as being one of the most uncomfortable devices to wear compared to others. Yes - this thing still looks massive.

Man of Honour
OP
It's why the first one wasn't nassesd released it was kind of a public prototype. This one needs to be far better as its being released in all areas that currently get the surface range. It has a great set of features and is really good. Just needs to be smaller. Gorilla glass and the package refined rather than changing the way it works or what it does.

Soldato
I had one for a while, I will buy another, probably the 3rd version though as thats generally when MS hit their stride..
It wasnt hugely uncomfortable, you just have to find where it fits for you..

I do think they should find a way to have a normal strap and then the sensors on the back of the device rather than having a thickish device and then another chunk where the strap/sensors are..

Associate
I didn't think they looked too bulky on the MS guys wearing them at the release, Satya Nadella and Panos Panay both had them on during the event and I didn't think they looked overly offensive, and you get to keep the Rollie on the other wrist too, so it's a win win ;)

Permabanned
The original band can be picked up for £80 (after cashback) now that the band 2 has launched. Mine arrived today and so far am very pleased with it. Was tempted by version 2 but felt I could live with the weaknesses of the original version for the price difference.

Associate
So got my Band 2. Really liking it so far. Particularly for notifications actually! Am sold on wearable tech.

Am I right in saying you can't respond to calls and texts at all when you have an iPhone? Wonder if this will eventually come! Seems a shame.

Soldato
So got my Band 2. Really liking it so far. Particularly for notifications actually! Am sold on wearable tech.

Am I right in saying you can't respond to calls and texts at all when you have an iPhone? Wonder if this will eventually come! Seems a shame.

I impulse bought one yesterday too and received it today.

Been wearing it since 1 and have to say I've been surprised at how comfortable it's been, though this was only after I turned it round to have the face inside. I traditionally wore a watch face out but found with this a) the clip put pressure on the bone which wasn't comfortable and b) it was easier to manipulate the screen.

Notifications and Cortana work a treat with my Lumia 930 and the MS Health App is actually pretty sweet.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Can I ask how good this band would partner with an Android device? If you have an android phone would you get this? :confused:

Associate
My wife's Band 2 arrived the other day (direct from MS) and she loves it. I was waiting to see how she got on with it before deciding on whether to get one myself and it looks like it might be on my Christmas list 'To me, from me' ;)

The only problem is she's quite small wristed and finds it rather uncomfortable. But, she's managing to live with it and even sleep through the night with it on. She's really enjoying sharing the sleep data it collects with me every morning. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I've had a band 2 for a few days enjoying out so for but have not really hard a chance to use it properly as in away with work.

Back
Top Bottom