** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Associate
Wow, you all have your monitors super bright.

I've got 3 settings on mine, 10 for when it's pitch black for watching movies, 20 for moderate lighting, this is the most used one, and 45 for sunny day or gaming when I want it to "pop".

Saying that, I prefer a purer image, I always turn dynamic contrast off on TV's and use http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ As long as I can literally barely see number 1 it's fine. Contrast is not as bad, as long as you can see 252, 253 you'll be OK.

The contrast on this monitor at 50 is excellent, I can see 254.

Associate
I stand corrected looks like it, I could be thinking of a competitor.

Good stuff it just gives me more time to test mine X34.Just got it today, so far got mixed feeling about it.

It feels like screen is just to big from where I sit,and curve just seems to disorient me a bit.Black bars on sides while watching movies or games are annoying.

Also somehow when I set 100hz refresh rate it doesn`t behave properly,some of the content on windows pulpit falls outside screen visible area.Wierd.On 60hz no problems at all.

Associate
Yes, but no one knows which year :D

Actually pretty sure Gibbo said something like if he's sent 100 next week there might be :) but I might of dreamt that...

Soldato
Good stuff it just gives me more time to test mine X34.Just got it today, so far got mixed feeling about it.

It feels like screen is just to big from where I sit,and curve just seems to disorient me a bit.Black bars on sides while watching movies or games are annoying.

Also somehow when I set 100hz refresh rate it doesn`t behave properly,some of the content on windows pulpit falls outside screen visible area.Wierd.On 60hz no problems at all.

You'll get black bars on 16:9 content which is rare in movies these days, most are played in ultrawide. Its nice not having bars at the top and bottom for a change which we've all got used too.
As for the refresh rate that is a strange one indeed. Sounds concerning.
I couldn't get used to the size at first then the other day I went back to my 28" 16:9 and it felt so small in comparison like I was gaming on my phone. 21:9 ftw.

Associate
You'll get black bars on 16:9 content which is rare in movies these days, most are played in ultrawide. Its nice not having bars at the top and bottom for a change which we've all got used too.
As for the refresh rate that is a strange one indeed. Sounds concerning.
I couldn't get used to the size at first then the other day I went back to my 28" 16:9 and it felt so small in comparison like I was gaming on my phone. 21:9 ftw.

I've been using Dell2410 for the last few years, aspect ratio 16:10,so black bars at the top and bottom were even wider.I agree it's nice not to have them.

As for refresh rate I think I figured it out.I have my TV connected as second monitor through hdmi cable.It think even if it's diselected in nvidia control panel it still prevents x34 to get to 100hz.Haven't got a chance to confirm it yet.

I guess I need some time to get used to screen this size.Have two weeks to decide.

Associate
Wake me up the day a perfect flawless monitor with perfect viewing angles, perfect colour reproduction, sub 1ms response time and no clouding, blb, or glow comes. Until that day comes I guess I'll just get on with the best of whatever is available.

I'm not talking about better performance. I mean in the sense of BLB, dead pixels, scan lines and overall poor Quality checking. These are things i would be unhappy about.

As for response time, colour reproduction and viewing angles. You generally know what your getting on that front when you buy the model

Associate
Not too butt in but if i was spending a grand on ANY PC equipment i would expect it to be flawless and not have any faults.

I'd agree with that, for example you wouldn't forgive any apple product for having the same screen fault at this price range, but you wouldn't expect it from them. With Acer's QC however, you can't flagrantly put prices so high for being first to market.

When Asus' version comes in high supplies, then can I only see a slight price drop, say £850 at best, with further reductions below 800 once display port 1.3, or a usb type c carrying dp 1.3 inputs come to market, might see some @ ces who knows.

but as it stands, and im sure people will agree that it is overpriced

Associate
I'd agree with that, for example you wouldn't forgive any apple product for having the same screen fault at this price range, but you wouldn't expect it from them. With Acer's QC however, you can't flagrantly put prices so high for being first to market.

When Asus' version comes in high supplies, then can I only see a slight price drop, say £850 at best, with further reductions below 800 once display port 1.3, or a usb type c carrying dp 1.3 inputs come to market, might see some @ ces who knows.

but as it stands, and im sure people will agree that it is overpriced

Are apple products not suffering the same issues such as BLB?

Soldato
Are apple products not suffering the same issues such as BLB?

If so, you won't find many Apple users complaining given how much they worship everything their half bitten God manufactures... any such issues would be considered some kind of divine sign of magnificence. "Look!! I have BLB in the shape of Steve Jobs head! PRAISE BE!" :p

Associate
Arrived today and all good,

• Overclocks to 100Hz

• no dead pixels

• no obvious BLB

• IPS glow as expected and better than my previous panel (ASUS PB278Q)

Just got it setup so off to play about with it :cool:

Old - (ASUS PB278Q)
0A5htQAl.jpg
New :D
LJ8mo4Il.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
If so, you won't find many Apple users complaining given how much they worship everything their half bitten God manufactures... any such issues would be considered some kind of divine sign of magnificence. "Look!! I have BLB in the shape of Steve Jobs head! PRAISE BE!" :p

I lol'd out loud
So true.

That must feel a massive upgrade to you.....is the monitor straight?

Back
Top Bottom