US: Limitless

Soldato
The last two episodes past the pilot were quite inconsistent. It is effectively cop + magic sidekick show, but it's like he becomes slightly stoner-like and infantile after the pill. With zero retention afterwards. So much good stuff could be done with plot and in the end - it's all about local crime problems close to home.

After watching todays episode I am in agreement. There is obviously a longer story arc for something, but I don't think I care about seeing it.
Currently watching Minority Report, which is basically the same as this. Crime prevention with magical sidekick.

The possibilities for this show were limitless and they have put it in a tiny box of limit. Sucks.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yup was going to say the same thing but its been said for the past 2 pages, then again every single American tv series seems to revolve around the cop + magical side kick approach its just some formula that never ends even if it does get very boring, to make matters worse they are making lethal weapon the tv series !

Having said that I did like limitless the pilot and episodes afterwards, but I do wish they tried to make it a bit different from the film and not so similar, not sure why bradley looks so scruffy and trampish since at the end of the film he was in a suit with his hair cut, clean shaven and looked to be on the pill or perhaps not.

Still a decent start which has potential.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Something reminded me of the more recent episode as in I thought it was an episode of dexter, they brang back the same detective guy that was in love with that main female detective, zero points in being original !

Also a flash back of chuck in that I know kung fu, I am glad they used comedy in that scene and not turned it into chuck!

Associate
I'm interested. I thought the film was too concentrated in the run time.
Could have lot's of great ideas with a series.

Associate
Currently watching Minority Report, which is basically the same as this. Crime prevention with magical sidekick.

They are going to cancel it.

I'm really enjoying limitless last esp was really funny, though with 22 episodes some of them are going to be flat

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Status: (Updated 1/29/16) This show was doing okay in the ratings until CBS’ scheduling hijinks kicked in. It has not aired two consecutive new episodes since November and not surprisingly its numbers are down. And it gets preempted again this coming week. If it ends up getting cancelled due to low ratings, CBS has no one to blame but itself.

http://www.cancelledscifi.com/sci-fi-tv-shows/limitless/

So CBS not doing this show any favours it looks, was wondering what happen to the last episode or 2 and that is the reason why, lets hope it survives !

Man of Honour
2nd episode is just ridiculous, and after 1st episode showed so much promise. Rest of the posts in here suggests episode 2 is same as tithe rest of the series.

Back
Top Bottom