Poll: Poll : Starwars Battlefront any good?

Is Starwars Battlefront any good?

• Yes

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • Not played it

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No intention of playing it

Votes: 47 26.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I guess they mean it is worth £20 to them buying it and I assume that we all played the Beta and gauged from that.

Surly the key point of this thread is to get feedback from people who have actually played the full game so potential buyers can decide if it's a worthy purchase.

So if you haven't played the full game then you're polluting a potentially valuable thread. Stop it!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It looks nice, but it's all multiplayer/online which whilst I can understand appealing to people, I actually like and want single player games. I just prefer it.

I do....reports of being killed before people spawn and emptying guns into people and they don't die would just annoy me...

A single player campaign you can either play on your own or with a couple of mates would be better IMO...then a multiplayer bolted on top...seems this is the other way around.

Soldato
Good and getting better each time i play it, despite the very high cost if you bought it normally. Visuals aren't everything of course but they are so jap droppingly good in this game, that the backdrop for most of the games is stunning. It's so beautiful it distracts you from playing.

It's obviously a more 'casual' game, but absolutely gorgeous, stunningly so.

Caporegime
Surly the key point of this thread is to get feedback from people who have actually played the full game so potential buyers can decide if it's a worthy purchase.

So if you haven't played the full game then you're polluting a potentially valuable thread. Stop it!

If you think it is worth it, that's cool and your opinion is hopefully noted but others are entitled to their opinion on what they feel is worth spending regardless if you agree or disagree. :)

Soldato

How about no, I've been playing games for over two decades and I know exactly how I feel about a game if I get the chance to play it in a "beta weekend" before retail.
Nothing changes most of the time, some tweaks and content here and there but the mechanics of it all are pretty much down. In this case, I am not wrong.

Hopefully this doesn't signal DICE/EA to focus even more on consoles and ease of use because the PC numbers for this are shocking compared to how much hype was around and how many sales they expected or had.

Soldato
aaaaand

/thread

vj5gg.gif

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I do....reports of being killed before people spawn and emptying guns into people and they don't die would just annoy me...

A single player campaign you can either play on your own or with a couple of mates would be better IMO...then a multiplayer bolted on top...seems this is the other way around.

Its typical Dice netcode :(

Annoyingly in the beta it ran fairly well netcode wise, but in retail its very patchy - some games it mostly works others it just falls apart really badly.

Associate
Agreed, it's a typical Dice game, netcode is flaky. Hopefully the improvements in hit boxes and netcode from BF4 plus the higher hz servers will make it over to SWBF.

Associate
little off topic:

bind impact grenade key together with your ADS mouse button, and use ads only in CQ combat -> kills so easy that it's just stupid
even if you miss with grenade you'll finish them off with main weapon
i had more kills with grenades than any other weapon - grenade spam fest is not for me and that netcode...
in less than 10 hours i was at level 18 and unlocked nearly everything

Last edited:
Man of Honour
little off topic:

bind impact grenade key together with your ADS mouse button, and use ads only in CQ combat -> kills so easy that it's just stupid
even if you miss with grenade you'll finish them off with main weapon
i had more kills with grenades than any other weapon - grenade spam fest is not for me and that netcode...
in less than 10 hours i was at level 18 and unlocked nearly everything

Saw someone who seemed to be doing that earlier... kind of ridiculous - the annoying thing was as well 9 times out of 10 they'd run around a corner and instantly out came the impact grenade and on my screen I'd see it flying well past me and landing a good distance off but they'd always get the kill (on their screen I'm betting it hit me or very close)... the netcode is a joke I dunno why it always ends up like this where it ran ok in beta but **** in retail.

Soldato
I read somewhere a while back that if you stripped out all the anti cheat, fair fight etc etc type code, we'd get the responsive, accurate gameplay experience of old. But then it becomes battle of the pings, and we need to deal with all the cheating.

Talk about shoot ourselves in the foot...

Back
Top Bottom