*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Man of Honour
I got the cryolator. I think I've wasted it. May have to load some old saves, but the ghouls are nasty to me and I keep dying to them :(
I'm level 11 and I probably wasted all my perk points. When I created my character I maxed out agility and perception.

Soldato
Go to Goodneighbour (near Diamond City) and you'll get a quest called 'Follow the Freedom Trail' (or something like that), that'll lead you to it, I only know because I found that faction last night!

Ah ok, I actually have that already, I tried to start it but I couldn't work out where to go and ended up walking in the wrong direction for 10 minutes, following the trail of a marker I had placed ages ago about halfway across the map!!!

Associate
I don't think this is a spoiler, but just in case

Does anyone else constantly get the mission off Preston to talk to one of the Settlers in Sanctuary about Raiders? I don't mind as it's decent XP + loot. But Sanctuary has never actually been attacked, do I just need to up the defence a little?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think this is a spoiler, but just in case

Does anyone else constantly get the mission off Preston to talk to one of the Settlers in Sanctuary about Raiders? I don't mind as it's decent XP + loot. But Sanctuary has never actually been attacked, do I just need to up the defence a little?

Yeah I get the same.. in fact none of my settlements have been attacked for a good 24 hours of gameplay

Get the same with Abernathy Farm, finish a "trouble with raiders" mission, go back to talk with Preston just to be given another trouble with raiders at Abernathy farm

Associate
Someone above has already suggested something, but in future make sure you keep a rotation of saves to avoid stuff like this happening :)

I find Jet and Psycho are good at getting me out of sticky situations. Psycho will reduce the damage you take, and Jet will slow down time for everyone but you, meaning you should have enough time to escape.

Thanks! Yeah I've learned my lesson about saves, I'll definitely be more careful in future. I'm out of the city but just barely, I managed to ide chems to get out of the house I was in but I'm still in the reception part getting shot by the receptionist guy.

Man of Honour
I'm now getting low on ammo. How do I get more. I'm just not finding as much as I did at the beginning, or I'm wasting it on pointless mobs.... or I dunno.... I've put a few points into Luck perks...

Soldato
The scrounger perk is worth having. I think I have it on two stars and I find shead loads of ammo in pretty much every container. Got 900+ of all ammo types bar shotgun shells. They're damn rare.

Soldato
Wow. Heading there later :D thanks! My combat shotgun is my only gun that is powerful enough to get me out of a sticky situation with any close encounters!

Soldato
Getting a bit annoyed with sanctuary happiness keeps fluctuating seen it down to the low 50s at some points,
even though it has power going to each home, loads of beds and decorations, crap load of defence, decent water and food and even stores, yes i spent points to get the leader perk twice. Have even gone round to the settlers and giving them armour and better guns with ammo
. Just cant figure out whats going on.

Associate
Getting a bit annoyed with sanctuary happiness keeps fluctuating seen it down to the low 50s at some points,
even though it has power going to each home, loads of beds and decorations, crap load of defence, decent water and food and even stores, yes i spent points to get the leader perk twice. Have even gone round to the settlers and giving them armour and better guns with ammo
. Just cant figure out whats going on.

Do you get the missions I get mentioned above? I forgot to do it once (read: couldn't be bothered) and it auto failed after a while and happiness dropped from 85 to the mid 60's. Just getting it back to 80 now.

Soldato
Best place to get this digitally on xb1? I'm trying to resist picking this up but im failing so hard :(

Canada / US Stores.

I've done that for release, got it for £40.
American address off an internet Jewellers based in Delaware (no tax on purchases)

Buy the credits in dollars, sign in to Xbox via webpage, bottom left corner, change location to America. Follow instruction to purchase. Plenty of long post out on reddit.

Soldato
How many hours of gameplay are you all up to? I've just hit 36 hours!

To find out how:

1) Go to save game, enter 'new save' ' as the choice.
2) Go to load a game and look at the save you just did, it'll have the days/hours/minutes played!

Soldato
I'm now getting low on ammo. How do I get more. I'm just not finding as much as I did at the beginning, or I'm wasting it on pointless mobs.... or I dunno.... I've put a few points into Luck perks...

To start out (first 10 hours or so) I found I had to swap weapons a lot to keep ammo levels ok. I found a good powerfist early on which helped when fighting 1-2 enemies at a time and got a companion early (Cait) which helps with the weaker stuff. Now I'm level 24 and have no trouble with ammo. At least 500 of each type and I carry 1 good weapon of each ammo type to vary it up.

Generally I find just exploring buildings and finding raiders really helps. It also helps to use mines/grenades a lot to conserve on ammo.

Edit: oh, and use VATS as much as possible. Hip firing uses a lot of ammo unnecessarily

FTM

FTM

Soldato
How many hours of gameplay are you all up to? I've just hit 36 hours!

To find out how:

1) Go to save game, enter 'new save' ' as the choice.
2) Go to load a game and look at the save you just did, it'll have the days/hours/minutes played!

I am over 50 hours, lvl35 and only just got to goodneighbor to continue the main quest, I have only just started the railroad quest line and I have just boarded the BoS airship to pick up that quest line

I basically spend most of my time building and scavenging! its a continual quest for oil and wood!

I have plenty of everything else, screws aplenty and thank to my extensive vegetable plots at the castle I am overflowing with adhesive

Back
Top Bottom