• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Anyone else getting this pop up, as soon as you hit restart/shutdown ?

wallhaven-289805.png

I got that on first restart after installation ( i used the new install tool).
As well as seeing that dox, I had problems with dirt rally crashing with the new driver (crossfire user) so I've removed the driver the old fashioned way (prog & features in control panel) and reinstalled and its all good now.

Caporegime
Performance gains right across the board, some of them massive. AMD strikes again with Drivers.

Conclusion

Despite this being a beta version of the driver, the performance is nothing short of being magnificent. The results aren’t necessarily unexpected, as we’ve been able to see such gains from the tweaking and reworking of the back-end and lower level API’s of drivers in the past, but to have been able to perform better and consistently better in this manner is just wonderful.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-software-performance-analysis-is-this-the-crimson-tide/

Soldato
People with problems are you running leaked driver or amd released driver?
Not had a chance to test myself yet and I have leaked driver installed.

They is a difference also leaked isn't whql while amd release is.. I know that don't really mean anything though.

Official drivers from AMD website.
And I stopped using MSI AB for quite some time now. So no overclocks either.

I am back to 15.6 now....

Caporegime
No problems for me so far on my 290, install went smoothly and very quickly, don't notice any performance differences so far though...

Also, no issues with afterburner.

EDIT:

Using drivers from AMD website

Associate
Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
With the old CCC package you could choose not to install the driver while updating everything else, like HDMI Audio driver and CCC. Is that doable with these drivers so you can keep the old display driver while using the new RS instead of CCC?

Soldato
Uninstalled CCC and everything ready for Crimson and it's now screwed my screen. I'll upload a picture in a bit but i can even see anything :(

Not having much luck with computers at the moment

Last edited:
Associate
12th Mar 2015
1. Why doesn't the AMD driver/CCC have a setting for the max prerendered frames like Nvidia has to massively reduce latency in competitive gaming?
Please don't say to use any third party software like some radeonpro stuff one has to configure and start with every game - not acceptable!

So they finally implemented this. Nice. Really looking forward to buy a freesync screen and AMD card.

Soldato
Quick and easy install for me. Could be my imagination (I didn't have any issues with the old drivers) but Fallout 4 seems much smoother. That's running on a 280x at 1080p with just about everything on ultra.

Back
Top Bottom