Am I nuking my brain.

Soldato
At night time, I find having something on helps me sleep. So often I put on youtube on my phone and stick it under the pillow.
I am curious as to whether having a localised wifi signal/receiever next to my head for 30mins to an hour a day is dangerous.

I have a solution, just wondered whether it is worth the effort.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think i can vaugely remember seeing a study about this one time saying that sleeping near your phone is dangerous for you. But I'm pretty sure it lacked scientific evidence.

Long story short, you're fine.

Soldato
Yes. Phones are very dangerous. They should ideally not be anywhere near your body.

I suggest you change your cell phone habits.

Cant tell if trolling or part of the fear-monger crew.

No one with any qualification (that wasn't bought) in radiation will disagree.

The myth came about because people use the words emf/radiation/radiowaves synonymously and then associate radiation with dangers and all sorts of silly things.

known carcinogens such as x-rays, gamma rays and UV rays have energies greater than 480 kilojoules per mole (kJ/mole), which is enough to break chemical bonds. Green-light photons hold 240 kJ/mole of energy, which is enough to bend (but not break) the rhodopsin molecules in our retinas that trigger our photosensitive rod cells to fire. A cell phone generates radiation of less than 0.001 kJ/mole. That is 480,000 times weaker than UV rays and 240,000 times weaker than green light!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes. Phones are very dangerous. They should ideally not be anywhere near your body.

I suggest you change your cell phone habits.

I see your sarcasm, but cell phones work at mhz frequency. Where wifi work at the ghz frequency, it was my worry (from probable poor understanding of frequency) that the higher frequency might be more powerful, and thus more dangerous next to my skull.

Soldato
I see your sarcasm, but cell phones work at mhz frequency. Where wifi work at the ghz frequency, it was my worry (from probable poor understanding of frequency) that the higher frequency might be more powerful, and thus more dangerous next to my skull.

Higher frequencies are more dangerous due to shorter wavelengths being ionising. Generally lower wavelengths are higher energy but unless you are talking about wavelengths the size of your cells, you don't have to worry.

Soldato
Having a mobile under your pillow at night just makes it easier for the government to collect your brain waves. When you inevitably have a kinky dream about the home secretary dressed up as an S&M circus clown, they'll use the phone's GPS to call in a drone strike.

Soldato
OP
Higher frequencies are more dangerous due to shorter wavelengths being ionising. Generally lower wavelengths are higher energy but unless you are talking about wavelengths the size of your cells, you don't have to worry.

I was more worried about the affect it would have on the water in my cells, like a microwave oven which is only 2.5ghz is capable of exciting the water molecules to raise temperature, although I assume that has something to do with amplitude etc. Like I said I don't understand.
I have no idea what the longterm affect of 5ghz was to the side my head. I thought it was a valid question, clearly not.
Thanks GD. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom