Am I nuking my brain.

Soldato
I think you will find that the side effects will come after you start telling people you listen to hoover sounds every night for 8 hours.

Same way there are social side effects to telling people you like to sniff a strangers hair

Soldato
Sounds like a sucky way to go to sleep :(.

I just listen to the radio when I'm going to sleep or a language tape. I've got a mild case of tinnitus which really ****es me off when in a quiet room.

Permabanned
I think you will find that the side effects will come after you start telling people you listen to hoover sounds every night for 8 hours.

Same way there are social side effects to telling people you like to sniff a strangers hair

I know people who doze off to hoovers and washing machines google ASMR, But the real reason is i simply cannot sit in silence because tinnitus drives me insane, And i have had it since i was young i remember getting the bleep test done in primary school.

So yea, Alcohol is a complete no no as well it basically drives me insane with tinnitus in a quiet room. Also Mynight do you get the pressure build up and then the complete deafness and high pitched tone too? I get that about once every few days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also Mynight do you get the pressure build up and then the complete deafness and high pitched tone too? I get that about once every few days.

I do occasionally I didn't realise that was tinnitus related though. Its quite worrying when it happens as I'm never sure if its a new stage to the tinnitus or I've sporadically gone deaf. Only seems to happen in one ear though.

Stupid DJ maxing out the volume at the club I used to work at blew a speaker and even through earplug/radio earpiece I got hurt badly :(. Tinnitus since then.

Permabanned
I do occasionally I didn't realise that was tinnitus related though. Its quite worrying when it happens as I'm never sure if its a new stage to the tinnitus or I've sporadically gone deaf. Only seems to happen in one ear though.

Stupid DJ maxing out the volume at the club I used to work at blew a speaker and even through earplug/radio earpiece I got hurt badly :(. Tinnitus since then.

Yea that is you going deaf in that ear, I have not really noticed my hearing going though but it still keeps on happening where as you say you are completely deaf for anything up to 30 seconds. that is why i worried about exposing my ears to 8 hours of a hoover along with daytime noise. They are not getting a break now at all but i notice no change.

I used to use a bedside fan before this.

Soldato
Yea that is you going deaf in that ear, I have not really noticed my hearing going though but it still keeps on happening where as you say you are completely deaf for anything up to 30 seconds.

Hmm it doesn't appear to have affected my hearing. My last test proved perfectly normal for a 25 year old. Its rather weird feeling and is rather worrying despite my doctor thinking its not :D.

I was told that the pitch you hear during such an episode is the last time youll hear that pitch. Sounds like an old wives tale though to be honest.

Soldato
Even if it wasn't for human creations there's background radiation everywhere naturally.

I wonder if cancer rates are higher due to modern processes or if it's just were living longer.

Soldato
Living longer but not because of build up of background over time (background radiation is so low that it does not work this way), just that if you increase the time period then probability increases over that time period.

Better evacuate people from Cornwall. Background ionising radiation is relatively higher over there!

uk-radon.jpg

Always thought the locals looked a bit funny :D

Seriously though, doesn't make a difference in those sort of doses. I don't mean it makes a slight difference, i mean it makes literately no difference.

Soldato
Argh ok. I knew it wasn't something to worry about but I did wonder if it was a cumulative and thus made more dangerous by an increase in life span.

Cheers :).

Appears we've contained the issue in Cornwall :D.

Wise Guy
Soldato
At night time, I find having something on helps me sleep. So often I put on youtube on my phone and stick it under the pillow.
I am curious as to whether having a localised wifi signal/receiever next to my head for 30mins to an hour a day is dangerous.

I have a solution, just wondered whether it is worth the effort.

Dunno but it may impair your testicles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3400170/

Associate
Back
Top Bottom