**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Associate
Mine states the model number on the back under the CE marking, perhaps all models do?

I just got the update too, hopefully it bodes well for when MM starts rolling out.

Soldato
Finding this phone a great upgrade over my Note 3. I found my previous jump from a Note 2 to a Note 3 very minor with the note 2 for some reason loading apps/YouTube faster than the 3 which was rather annoying :p

Associate
New power bank. Should do the job :cool:

anker_2.jpg

Associate
It's here!! So stunning and the screen is just out of the world. My iPhone 6S Plus looks dull compared to this Note 5!

What's the above Power Bank? Can anyone recommend a wireless charger and a slim case please?

Man of Honour
It's here!! So stunning and the screen is just out of the world. My iPhone 6S Plus looks dull compared to this Note 5!

What's the above Power Bank? Can anyone recommend a wireless charger and a slim case please?

The Samsung 'Fast Charging Wireless Charger Pad' is very good. Search the thread for it.

Associate
The Samsung 'Fast Charging Wireless Charger Pad' is very good. Search the thread for it.

Thank you. Is it better to get the fast charging pod or the slow if I'm looking to use it to charge over night? As I've read sometimes, you get better battery life with slower changing?

Also, any recommendations for Mail apps to use with my ICloud account? I'm not keen on the MS Outlook App

Thanks again

Associate
Also, I'm still using my iPhone 6s Plus until I can configure the Note 5 over the weekend. Can anyone give me a couple of first timer pointers?

How do I remove pre installed bloat without any Root?
Do I enable encryption?
Best recovery service, Google or Samsung services?
Must have apps
Pull in side apps?
Also, how can I still share an iCloud calendar with my partner?
Best way to copy contacts from iCloud to Note 5?
Email, I'd like email encryption as I use wifi at work and don't want them sniffing around my personal emails.

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Soldato
To remove bloat, look up Package Disabler. It's around £3 though, but lets you disable pretty much everything.

Probably best to switch to Google Calendar at this point. That doesn't matter what platform you're on. Google's good like that.

Associate
I'll second Package Disabler, worth every penny, and using Google calendar.

Must have apps for me were Google messenger & Google keyboard instead of the stock Samsung offerings. Nova launcher of you want to move away from touchwiz.

Enjoy and let us know what you think when you've had a good play! I can link you to the wireless quick charger from eBay if you like, it's an official Samsung product.

Back
Top Bottom