** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

D3K

D3K

Soldato
For a deal that was designed to reward forum members, this thread has really ****ing ****ed this forum member off.

I still haven't had an answer as to why you think it's reasonable for forum members to disclose their real names and now you've deleted my posts which raised the question?

Underboss
For a deal that was designed to reward forum members, this thread has really ****ing ****ed this forum member off.

I still haven't had an answer as to why you think it's reasonable for forum members to disclose their real names and now you've deleted my posts which raised the question?

Why do you think it was unreasonable?

Soldato
Why do you think it was unreasonable?

The first post D3K made was a harmless question - why do we have to give our real names?

He got no answer, just an attempt to laugh it off by one of the staff.

So in the following post D3K proffered why this doesn't work for him and that he was only asking a legitimate question.

And then those posts got deleted. So essentially you're asking a question to which the answer was deleted.

All a bit strange that a harmless question, which should have a simple answer, should get the censoring reaction.

Underboss
The first post D3K made was a harmless question - why do we have to give our real names?

He got no answer, just an attempt to laugh it off by one of the staff.

So in the following post D3K proffered why this doesn't work for him and that he was only asking a legitimate question.

And then those posts got deleted. So essentially you're asking a question to which the answer was deleted.

All a bit strange that a harmless question, which should have a simple answer, should get the censoring reaction.

Ahh see if the posts were not deleted I would have known why it wasn't reasonable. Very odd

Associate
I've already got X99 and couldn't justify a 2nd when I saw this when I got to work. About 8 where claimed when I looked but I did chuckle when its to reward forum members and the first guy to claim was 0 posts and joined nov 2015.

Next year 50 post minimum?

Soldato
Have to admit it was a fantastic deal and I had to stop myself several times from posting for 1. Just have to stay strong and not buckle on Monday.

Yeah a minimum post for forum members. Or at least a joined before today clause

Caporegime
I've already got X99 and couldn't justify a 2nd when I saw this when I got to work. About 8 where claimed when I looked but I did chuckle when its to reward forum members and the first guy to claim was 0 posts and joined nov 2015.

Yeah new member joined this morning just to get the deal. Doesn't quite seem fair.

Soldato

Did chuckle a little at some of the people who claimed it and the amount of posts they have made. "Rewarding Forum Members (even if they've created an account just for this, and probably won't post again)".

I unfortunately can't justify the upgrade right now (although that's not the point), but something like this next year will be right up my street.

Associate
Ive been watching this since 7:40 this morning, astonished it took so long to sell out. Lost count of the amount of times ive considered this deal and somewhat pleased and disappointed all at once :) :(

I was the same. I kept umming and arring all morning. I finally decided if I got back from the accountants, and there were still ones left I would have gone for it, so I was relieved in a way they had all gone - as it made the decision for me :)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
For those whinging about real names remember that the forum isn't easily linked to your OcUK account. They wanted to see the offer was being bought by people signed up on the forum. Sales side of things may not even have admin access on the forum software to check email accounts (I'm not sure if my registered email on the forum matches the email on the OcUK account).

Now my order is confirmed, I've simply edited the post to remove the details from public view. I'm sure there are far worse things on the net than having my real name on display for a couple of hours in an obscure thread of far too many on the internet. Indeed I suspect any real nerd could have worked out who I am many years ago. So much for paranoia ;)

Man of Honour

Are you ashamed of your name? It really is something petty to be complaining about. They needed a way to link the forum account to the name on the card making the payment, since I doubt your flexible friend says "Mr D3K".

Grow up perhaps.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Are you ashamed of your name? It really is something petty to be complaining about. They needed a way to link the forum account to the name on the card making the payment, since I doubt your flexible friend says "Mr D3K".

Grow up perhaps.
Aside from a desire to preserve privacy and anonymity on the internet, I already stated my reason which is that I have business clients that use this site.
If you think either of those two reasons is immature then you are sorely out of touch with reality and current affairs.

Soldato
So, Mr D3K jumps in quick and says' I'll have one', I see that, phone up and say 'Hi, my name is D3K on the forums, and I claim my 8 pack system'...
As to the 0 post 'loyal forum members' being eligible, I don't really think that is fair either.

OcUK Staff
OP
So, Mr D3K jumps in quick and says' I'll have one', I see that, phone up and say 'Hi, my name is D3K on the forums, and I claim my 8 pack system'...
As to the 0 post 'loyal forum members' being eligible, I don't really think that is fair either.

Sorry guys, what is fair and what is not fair is not up for discussion. We made a very good gesture by making the product available through the forum only, the fact 2-3 people signed up to get the deal is OK, 17 of our loyal members grabbed one. :)

We could have gone as planned and just launched them all on the webshop on Monday so we already support you guys like crazy. :)

To demonstrate our love for you even further, if 10 more of you reply between now and 16:00 following the instructions in the PO and you have being registered for more than 30 days and have more than 20 post to your name you can also have one. :)

Associate
Sorry guys, what is fair and what is not fair is not up for discussion. We made a very good gesture by making the product available through the forum only, the fact 2-3 people signed up to get the deal is OK, 17 of our loyal members grabbed one. :)

We could have gone as planned and just launched them all on the webshop on Monday so we already support you guys like crazy. :)

To demonstrate our love for you even further, if 10 more of you reply between now and 16:00 following the instructions in the PO and you have being registered for more than 30 days and have more than 20 post to your name you can also have one. :)

do it teh_captain! You've no excuse now....

It wouldn't of been fair to change the rules after the zero posters claimed one so this is the fair solution.

Nice work Gibbo

Back
Top Bottom