Worst thing you've ever done to someone in sport (intentional or otherwise!)

Caporegime
Thought it might be funny to read about the horrid things people here have done to each other in sport.

My worst, which I still remember very clearly, is when I was playing left back for the university football XI.

A cross came in from the opposition, from close to the half way line. It was heading for my right foot. I'm left footed, so left footed in fact that I'm not confident I could volley a planet with my right foot, let alone a football.

Yet still, I absolutely crushed the ball with my right foot straight back out from the penalty area into the attacker's (a good friend) face. I've never hit a ball so well and never will again, left or right foot.

Everyone said that he was the unluckiest man on earth given how bad my right foot is. The hardest part was not sniggering out loud as he lay groaning on the floor. Mild concussion was the diagnosis.

Yours?

Man of Honour
Jiu-jitsu grading many years ago... I was told to try and drop the person being assessed.

sadly, I think they expected me to pull my uppercut which then proceeded to catch them in the diaphragm. I was actually really upset to see them rolling around on the floor for the next fifteen minutes. :(

Soldato
2 come to mind.

One at high school playing hockey. For a hit in a lad didn't stand five paces, I protested to the teacher who said he was fine, I continued and was told to just hit it in... So I intended to pass it to someone, the ball lifted up (as you slide the ball) and hit him straight in the face so hard that his lip burst. I got in serious trouble as because I was complaining I was told it was intentional despite protesting it wasn't.

Numero 2
Slide tackled a Y8 kid when I was Y10 or 11 forget which but did intend for a hard challenge as he had told teachers about us swearing, not allowing him and his friends to play and an incident with a gull. I remember he ran in started running with our ball... I shouted he's mine all my friends parted like the red sea I performed the perfect tackle (ball first) followed by an almost leg breaking follow through causing him to be rolling around screaming on the floor... I get up and to my horror is the head of year who just witnessed everything and the same head of year the kids grassed us up to... Didn't end well but convinced thanks to friends it was a genuine tackle. He still didn't believe us but 20-25 lads saying and shouting great tackle after went some way am sure lol

Soldato
Oh know a friend who intentionally broke someone's arm at the elbow sparring because he found he was cheating on him with his Mrs and ignored being tapped out... Says the worst thing was the feeling of the bones dislocating

Associate
Playing football when I was about 14. Kicked a ball at a friends head and he was out cold (Wasn't a hard kick at all). Only for his brother to jump all over him (He has a mental disability) and not know that he was actually out cold. I was the one who had to quickly run to his parents house and tell them he is out for the count. Now I look back at it I can only laugh as its a mate!

Man of Honour
My PE teacher deciding to give baseball a go with most of us never having played it had some interesting results... fortunately no one was seriously hurt but it ended with a couple of people taking head injuries (one of which was kind of my fault) and having to go to the medical room for the rest of the day. (I don't think its an exaggeration that the bats got more air time than the balls).

Last edited:
Soldato
Rugby.
I was scrum half and a mate of mine, fly half.

My girlfriend and him made out behind my back, so I proceeded to give him hospital pass, after hospital pass during a match. It might not sound terrible, but high / late passes, perfectly timed so that he gets eaten alive by the opposition, was amazing to behold.

Last edited:
Underboss
Broke a big lads wrist playing Rugby for my school XI. He was a huge unit and a great rugby player, broke out from the line and I got a fair tackle on him, sadly the way he landed broke his wrist in 2 places.

He missed out on a trial for a pretty big club but saw him a few years later and he was playing for the Harlequins B side and was fine about what happened.

At the time everyone was telling me how good a tackle it was, I just thought I'd ruined his career and he would kill me. He even at 15/16 was about 6'2 and 17 stone, whereas I was only 5'11 and about 14 stone.

Just a dodgy landing. Still felt horrible though, but as they say, if you don't like it...play football.

Soldato
In full contact martial arts, with and without weapons, a lot of techniques don't work unless you do then at full speed and power, due to the dynamics they're designed around.
I've thus intentionally punched, nutted, kicked, elbowed, kneed, sworded, staffed, cudgelled and bucklered my training partners many times on purpose (it was their fault for not defending properly, as they've done hundreds of times before)...

But no-one has suffered at my hands more than Dave - He was my Best Man for a reason!
I've done all the above to him on so many occasions, it's a wonder he can even still walk, let alone how we've ended up such good friends... but by contrast, he's discovered that I am "exceptionally aerodynamic" when it comes to the throw-type techniques!!

Things done 'on accident' are mostly school rugby related - I was in the geeky 'Rejects' group for every sport (I was tall and powerful, but couldn't ever catch/kick/pass/hit/bat/whatever a ball of any kind), and no-one really rugby-tackled properly.....

An overenthusiastic teacher joined in the game (he was Aussie, so I think wanted to show off) once and I dared to tackle him proper, resulting in his spectacular faceplant and a busted nose. He was actually proud of me!
I also remember breaking a kid's collar bone when he tried to tackle me about the shoulders and met with my elbow...

Man of Honour
Rugby.
I was scrum half and a mate of mine, fly half.

My girlfriend and him made out behind my back, so I proceeded to give him hospital pass, after hospital pass during a match. It might not sound terrible, but high / late passes, perfectly timed so that he gets eaten alive by the opposition, was amazing to behold.

I feel quite bad looking back on it but there used to be one guy at school who when we played rugby would tip-toe around the field avoiding the muddy puddles, do everything to avoid getting involved, etc. we'd purposefully pass the ball to him just so as to tackle him into the puddles :|

Caporegime
Kicked a few people in the head playing football, but that's about the worst.

You know, the kind where the ball is coming over your shoulder and you launch it, the player is bending down and you kick them in the chops.

Associate
Broke a keepers thumb playing football when he saved my shot. Also knocked someone out with a hockey ball, had to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance and everything. Probably more just can't think right now.

Soldato
Managed to smash a fella in the face with a hockey stick once. Didn't know he was in front of me, whacked the ball and carried through with the swing... Poor bugger had to go to hospital with concussion. Apart from that he was alright!

Soldato
Far too many nut shots with a dodgeball to count, but I did make my brother go to hospital when playing football in the back garden by mis-timing a kick and getting there just after he did, breaking a couple of toes.

Associate
Nothing comes to mind atm but I have one or two stories that happened to me

Back in school playing football in the yard (something I didnt do often - I must have been sick :p) and I went in to get the ball of a class mate - he tried to chip it over my head and the goon I was looking down and the ball hit me in the face - closer to the mouth, doesn't sound serious until you realize I had braces at the time and my top pair embedded into my top lip - not so hard it needed to be pried off but hard enough that it was stuck and blood flowed lol

Another one was a few years back (good few not) I started going to some MMA classes for a bit of exercise, a lot of it revolved around BJJ - one class we were doing choke holds (or part of it was choke holds), taking turns in pairs to initiate a hold and then be put in a hold, having a stubborn personality I tried to struggle against being in a hold longer than I should have, on a few occasions, before tapping, next day or two I had what I though was a rash over my face which I got looked at (thought it was related to my dermatitis,maybe needed a cream or something to stop it spreading) turns out I had a lot of burst blood vessels in my face from the choke hold XD - there's a few lolz for someone

Back
Top Bottom