** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
yeah, my processor outer packaging was damaged on both sides, decent rips on the front and a 1 inch one across the back. similar comment for the cooler, except the main reason i came here was to see if anyone had mentioned the lack of instructions. I've got a bag of fittings, a cpu block, and not a clue how to install it, and i've stupidly applied the thermal paste before realising this. Theres no overclocking instructions either, which i was expecting (ive seen theres a thread linked, but not viewed it yet).

Instructions in the thread and any questions ask there. :)

Soldato
Because we're here to help even out of work hours. :)

Always appreciated when you put the extra in.I'm considering this even if it is a little tight in the Phanteks evolve ATX. have been looking over the mobo, is the m.2 full PCIe x4 as some are saying it's only pcie x2 and this would limit the sm951 considerably.

EDIT: actually yeah seen it's been addressed in the thread already and an asus pcie adapter will sort it out. Are there any left for forum members or do I wait until monday to see if I can snag one?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Always appreciated when you put the extra in.I'm considering this even if it is a little tight in the Phanteks evolve ATX. have been looking over the mobo, is the m.2 full PCIe x4 as some are saying it's only pcie x2 and this would limit the sm951 considerably.

EDIT: actually yeah seen it's been addressed in the thread already and an asus pcie adapter will sort it out. Are there any left for forum members or do I wait until monday to see if I can snag one?

Monday now Im afraid at 9am :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey Gibbs any chance of a special price for members who bought this bundle for the adapter ? Just realised its limited to 10gb after reading post :(((

This bundle saved you nearly £300, there really is not any more saving I can offer on a £18 adapter sorry as they are already reduced from £20.

Associate
I was just a bit too early. I purchased this bundle on Monday. I did not know this was the bundle that was going to be on offer, but that's the chance you take. This was the bundle I wanted and now I have it. I see that there will be more in offer on Monday, If you want one, don't hesitate or you may regret it and loose out. Thanks for the info on the adapter, if I had known about it earlier I would have ordered it at the same time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine arrived today. All looks good no damage to packaging.. only one bag of haribo though you tight gits :p

What is with the ssd packaging though? Mine just came wrapped in bubble wrap. Are these oem and therefore do they have a rubbish warranty? Where is the box?

PAD

PAD

Associate
In addition to this host of Elite Tier Hardware, Overclockers UK will be providing each customer with a comprehensive guide on how to Overclock this system. We will take all the hard work out of this for you meaning the most you will need to do is to type in a few simple settings. It really couldn't be easier.

I cant seem to find this guide?

Associate
What is with the ssd packaging though? Mine just came wrapped in bubble wrap. Are these oem and therefore do they have a rubbish warranty? Where is the box?

I think you will find all Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-E 3.0 X 4 SOLID STATE DRIVES ( the advertised product in the this superb 'Black Friday deal' bundle) are oem....but as stated on the product page....they do come with a Warranty of 2 years.

The Samsung 950 PRO M.2 PCI-E 3.0 X 4 SOLID STATE DRIVE is the retail product with a 5 year Warranty.

Associate
In addition to this host of Elite Tier Hardware, Overclockers UK will be providing each customer with a comprehensive guide on how to Overclock this system. We will take all the hard work out of this for you meaning the most you will need to do is to type in a few simple settings. It really couldn't be easier.

I cant seem to find this guide?

This could be the guide they are referring to PAD. :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18697252

Caporegime
I think you will find all Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-E 3.0 X 4 SOLID STATE DRIVES ( the advertised product in the this superb 'Black Friday deal' bundle) are oem....but as stated on the product page....they do come with a Warranty of 2 years.

The Samsung 950 PRO M.2 PCI-E 3.0 X 4 SOLID STATE DRIVE is the retail product with a 5 year Warranty.

Ah yes i see thanks. Retail product (950 pro) is £320! Woah

Associate
Got mine and is now up and running had a few problems with it being delivered to wrong address and the cooler being slightly damaged though but am very happy with it :)

Associate
Late to the thread but people who have bought this need to realise you wont get full speed from the NVMe drive as the M.2 slot on that board supports a max of 10GB/PS.

Edit - didnt notice page 2 where this has been mentioned! Doh!

Last edited:
Associate
question is , can you install OS using the M2 slot , then at a later date add in the adapter for speed boost and moving the ssd without reinstalling OS

I hope so as thats the way I am gonna do it as bits arrive today except the adapter card which I ordered seperately

Associate
question is , can you install OS using the M2 slot , then at a later date add in the adapter for speed boost and moving the ssd without reinstalling OS

I hope so as thats the way I am gonna do it as bits arrive today except the adapter card which I ordered seperately

Yes, that will work.

By using an adapter though, you're potentially strangling the PCIE lanes to your GFX, depending on your config.

Back
Top Bottom