** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

Associate
Gibbo,

Just checking if you got my email and if I am still in for the deal or am I too late?
As I did not see any posting get any email or phone call to state otherwise.

Soldato
Gibbers, I reckon OCUK should repeat the same price for Monday as that's what I thought was happening based on a previous post :). After reading previously about a special x99 bundle deal for Monday I didn't bother looking on Friday and now find the Monday price will be higher than Friday.

To quote the message - "Then on CYBER Monday we shall launch an incredible X99 bundle that saves you hundreds of pounds from buying the items seperately. "

Nothing mentioned about better deal on Friday :D
I'll probably miss out anyway due to not getting online early enough

Must admit, it was a cracking deal so worthy of recognition - well done.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Blimey those M2 SSDs are tiny

X99i75820.jpg

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Currently have a MSI GTX 970. Only got a 1080p monitor so the GPU is fine, but when the bigger size 4k G-sync monitors become a bit more affordable, then that will have to be upgraded. Meanwhile all this stuff will get pushed hard on behalf of the UK's finest Distributed computing team :D

It's a bit of an upgrade from an i7 2600k that has done great service since 2011 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
A phone call is misleading because how on earth a deaf person unable to hear the phone? Unfair really. But overall well done overclockers for black friday excellent icepack bundle but they should think of deaf customer first who unable to hear the phone call should avoid in future.

Not happy about this.

Associate

He's... trying harder ;) i'll get my own coat :(

Before i do, im a bit disappointed that the SSD is getting significantly throttled by the hardware, seems odd to include a mobo in the bundle which isnt letting its other components stretch its legs fully. That said, at £690 theres room to buy the adapter, i just wish i knew it was required so i could have added it on Friday.

Is this the right item? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-hyper-m.2-x4-pci-e-mini-adapter-card-black-pcb-hd-032-as.html

Also, switching to the ram, its being detected as 2133MHz (cpuz knows its DDR4 3000 branded), i guess i need to sort that in the bios? is there a reason that happens?

Im happy with the bundle though, money is tight and i've had credit sat waiting since April for something i felt would give me a large step up and last me a long time, and had contemplated this bundle only a few weeks back but couldnt get there, i had £1k and wanted a PSU too.

hah, last night i'd installed the drivers and had a look at the 'killer network', seems i wasnt paying attention to the 'upload speed' & 'download speed' labels and put the info in as if it asked the other way (down/up), and last night trying to get the 'APP Center' to update was like pulling teeth, and now i realise why!

Associate
A phone call is misleading because how on earth a deaf person unable to hear the phone? Unfair really. But overall well done overclockers for black friday excellent icepack bundle but they should think of deaf customer first who unable to hear the phone call should avoid in future.

Not happy about this.

I've worked with deaf people, and they do have the ability to phone. a 3rd party program will do text to speech and speech to text. And in terms of missing the phone call usually they set a lamp to flash when the phone rings or a vibration is used via a device attached to the deaf person.

I'm also pretty sure if ocuk got told in the original email "i'm deaf and have no means of using a phone call nor do I have a relative that can assist" they would have been able to sort something out.

Next issue is how do we deal with deaf people who have no fingers to type.

Soldato
Third party such as NGT (typetalk) are pretty so slow to catch up! (is much easier for hearing person get a phone call from ocuk within few second but third party like NGT take ages to get through. Not the same way equal really.

Associate
Jesus people like to complain about anything the guys are going out of there way to help people by taking time out to replying on this forum and in many other threads along with doing their work in the office so give them a break it also the busiest time of the year for them.

Gibbo also mentioned to get the full speed of the ssd you would need the adapter

OcUK Staff
OP

Not happy about this.

Would you like one of the bundles?

OcUK Staff
OP
He's... trying harder ;) i'll get my own coat :(

Before i do, im a bit disappointed that the SSD is getting significantly throttled by the hardware, seems odd to include a mobo in the bundle which isnt letting its other components stretch its legs fully. That said, at £690 theres room to buy the adapter, i just wish i knew it was required so i could have added it on Friday.

Is this the right item? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-hyper-m.2-x4-pci-e-mini-adapter-card-black-pcb-hd-032-as.html

Also, switching to the ram, its being detected as 2133MHz (cpuz knows its DDR4 3000 branded), i guess i need to sort that in the bios? is there a reason that happens?

Im happy with the bundle though, money is tight and i've had credit sat waiting since April for something i felt would give me a large step up and last me a long time, and had contemplated this bundle only a few weeks back but couldnt get there, i had £1k and wanted a PSU too.

hah, last night i'd installed the drivers and had a look at the 'killer network', seems i wasnt paying attention to the 'upload speed' & 'download speed' labels and put the info in as if it asked the other way (down/up), and last night trying to get the 'APP Center' to update was like pulling teeth, and now i realise why!

All high performance RAM needs configuration in the BIOS as 2133MHz is the default speed to ensure compatibility. You then go in the BIOS and either set XMP or post in the thread for the bundle and Mr 8 Pack will help you out. :)

Back
Top Bottom