** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

Associate
Hi
Delivery arrived 10 mins ago. Wife signed for it and the case is missing. Is there a number to call dpd on before they get too far away

I think you'd have to look up your local depot.

I've yet to receive a time slot for my delivery today. I have to go into work for a few hours too. At this rate I may have to wait for my partner coming home at 19:30 before I can go into work.

Hopefully it comes before then as I don't have a tracking number.

Soldato
Hi
Delivery arrived 10 mins ago. Wife signed for it and the case is missing. Is there a number to call dpd on before they get too far away

Sounds a bit like what happened with my bundle delivery yesterday, the bundle arrived with one driver early on, then another driver delivered the Luxe case three hours later.

But I'm not sure DPD will still be delivering now, but you never know, some couriers do crazy hours at this time of year.

I still need to start putting my new kit together, partly through shear exhaustion, partly through working today, partly through having some sort of "lurgy" and partly through feeling quite anxious about putting my first system together in almost 8 years!

Associate
You forget that people buying this will probably buying it for non gaming reasons primarily (otherwise a 4 core i5 would probably do). You are rarely going to need more than a 4 core i7 or even i5 for games.

I have bought it as the 6 cores and 12 threads + high speed DDR4 will help hugely with my DAW work. Also, the platform will be set up to get a 6900k 8 core Broadwell E cpu when they start going for reasonable prices :D
I also bought it to set up DAW's.
Are the extra cores more useful than the extra speed of say the 6700k and have you found DAW's and plugins make use of all the cores?
(I've avoided using DAW's but it's time to take the plunge)

Soldato
Gibbo - sorry to have waste your time but unfortunately my credit card are insufficient! But it was a great deal and true bargain! If I didn't buy the phone (£410) plus other daughter stuff (£250) then I would grab it!

Anyway have to wait next year Black Friday deal.

Caporegime
I also bought it to set up DAW's.
Are the extra cores more useful than the extra speed of say the 6700k and have you found DAW's and plugins make use of all the cores?
(I've avoided using DAW's but it's time to take the plunge)

Depends on what sequencer you use. I use Cubase which takes advantage of extra cores and threads. Most good sequencer should benefit from multiple cores ( the more cores the better). Been doing research and lots of people say the extra cores really help. Also important with large amounts of VTS's is RAM speed so 3000mhz DDR4 should be a nice step up from my 1886mhz DDR3! With large orchestral templates of Hollywood string and brass samples things are getting a bit tight with my current set up.

I am running a pretty old Mobo as well so it will be nice to have a whole refresh.

I might upgrade it to the 8 core broadwell E 6900k coming next year at some point as well as I believe broadwell E will be the same socket and platform and it doesn't look like the 6900k will be the silly extreme price (that is reserved for a 10 core monster)

OcUK Staff
Thanks but no thanks. Next year black friday as I will got enough money by then! Already spend new phone (black friday) plus other stuff for my daughter.

So why moan Gibbo offers you one and your not buying anyway!! Typical Bulldog!! yes I know for twelve tech generations your 2600K or whatever is fine!!

I already provided some settings for overclocking this in a previous thread. Check out that thread and test your chip out. Need help post in that thread as all bundle issues are there.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18697252

Last edited:
Associate
Blimey those M2 SSDs are tiny

X99i75820.jpg
I thought it was a bag of screws

Associate
Im gonna kill my phone, missed this thread... if by any chance someone will change their mind regards this bundle, pls let me know, cause Im crying to get one for cheaper price... Thanks

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Three bags of Haribo in that pic!!!!^

I only got 1! Who do I write to :D

Or maybe it was one pack for the bundle, one for the added PSU and one for the somewhat oversized and not pictured OcUK mouse mat also added to the order.

On the other hand since this was an 8 pack bundle perhaps there should have been an 8 pack of Haribo :D

Caporegime
Im gonna kill my phone, missed this thread... if by any chance someone will change their mind regards this bundle, pls let me know, cause Im crying to get one for cheaper price... Thanks

You only joined today and have no posts so this deal as outlined in the OP wasn't really aimed at you anyway.

To be honest It would annoy me and no doubt other long standing forum members who got the deal if they gave you the cheaper deal as you have rocked up 2 days late, and only just joined the forum just to get the deal. This was an "early bird" deal for forum members.

Last edited:
Associate
I think OCUK done good here, advantage given to forum members, over many pages peoples gripes addressed by keeping the offer open, opened again due to a tech savvy individual who pulls a joker out claiming discrimination, yet for most of the time its not a issue for them. If it was I am sure an email to Gibbo under the circumstances would have been read and replied to without playing a public "card" after the event.

Still, many people won out, if I had a E-ATX capable case I reckon I would have been no 3 on the original list.

Now I hope to see the Nvidia cards drop, even if it has to be on the next gen launch! :)

Soldato
I think OCUK done good here, advantage given to forum members, over many pages peoples gripes addressed by keeping the offer open, opened again due to a tech savvy individual who pulls a joker out claiming discrimination, yet for most of the time its not a issue for them. If it was I am sure an email to Gibbo under the circumstances would have been read and replied to without playing a public "card" after the event.

Still, many people won out, if I had a E-ATX capable case I reckon I would have been no 3 on the original list.

Now I hope to see the Nvidia cards drop, even if it has to be on the next gen launch! :)

If I had the money I would have been No 1 :D I loaded the site up the minute it was posted.. Poor people problems :(

Enjoy your bundles guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom