Intermittent fault (Philips BDM4065UC)

Associate
So I've had this monitor for a few days and I've been liking it so far but last night an entire column went bad. The fault went away for about 10 minutes then came back, then went away again for the rest of the night. It's still gone at least for now. So this is the worst type of fault, the kind that doesn't show up when the retailer (OCUK in this case) tests it :eek:

Obviously I would like to get the monitor replaced but I'm concerned that it will be tested as good and sent back, me ending up stuck with a faulty monitor and being charged for the privilege.

I can provide some close up photos of the fault and a video that I can prove was recorded last night, will OCUK accept that as proof of a fault instead of having to test it themselves?

I should add that I tested the monitor with this PC over displayport and from a laptop over HDMI to confirm it was the monitor at fault and not my GPU or a bad cable.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated :)

Soldato
Just make sure you tell them the exact setup and what you were doing when the fault occured so they test it correctly. I would give them the photos aswell as they might know just by looking at them what is causing the fault, it might be a common fault they see a lot.

Associate
OP
I was just looking at an image on the screen, I doubt that had anything to do with the fault. My guess would be a dodgy connection between the panel and the column driver chip, or maybe the chip itself is somehow faulty. The monitor had been on all day so might be triggered by it getting warm?

Back
Top Bottom