** NHL & Ice Hockey Discussion **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
hawks have been inconsistent this year, if you lot shut down patty kane then things should be fairly good.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Fourth and final game of the week at Verizon starting in an hour, Caps vs Lightning :)

Looking forward to getting some pizza at the rink as well, starving today!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Ended up with some Rangers tickets for tonight so will be off to see the game, and tempted by Islanders Rangers Weds to finish things off :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
a nice win over the blues last night., wasnt expecting that tbh. cant see us beating dallas tonight.

Soldato
Season is heating up now. I knew the Caps and Stars would be better but still shocked at how good they are. Only 64 GA for the Caps is very impressive and 108 GF for the Stars is ridiculous.

Blues have had a very mixed month but are pulling out some tough comebacks and 1 goal wins. There +5 is a bit worrying though as those sorts of wins are not that sustainable.
Mind you, the Ducks pulled it off last year...but it's caught up with them now and look where they are. From the games I've seen recently the Blues main issue is giving up an early goal on few shots against. Allen has been brilliant this season but he and the D are giving up early goals too often before they tighten up and the Offence goes out and wins the game.
If they can sort that they are going to put together a lot more 5-6 win streaks than they are currently.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just hoping Caps don't turn around and monumentally stuff it up, but certainly can't complain about the season much so far :)

Orpik being out may be a blessing in disguise, the defense has been doing great without him so far.

And glad that Kuznetsov is really coming along now, glad I had his name and number on my jersey after we were at his first NHL game :)

Shame Burakovsky isn't doing too well so far though.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Kuznetsov is a real pleasure to watch. his game awareness is really coming along at nhl level. seems that every time he takes to the ice he influences play in a positive way which is great to watch.

I watched the Blackhawks Sabres game at the weekend. If you have a spare 15 minutes, go and watch the last 5 minutes of the third as well as the OT, one of the most intense games i have watched this season. Patty Kane really steals the show.

Soldato
Ducks are still inconsistent and haven't snapped out of it. One game playing really well and out skating the other team (game against Devils) then the next we're be 5-0 down with 50 shots on goal.

Still hoping to clinch a wild card spot in the playoffs but getting later and later to get the comeback.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
nor me. caps smashing them 7-3 was absolutely delicious.

just finished watching last nights game against the blues. that was interesting.

Soldato
just finished watching last nights game against the blues. that was interesting.

NO IT WASN'T!!!! lol :mad:

To be fair it was a fun game to watch but once the Flyers 2nd goal went in I knew how it was going to end

At least the Blues bounced back next night to shut out the Bruins. They controlled the game well and shut the Bruins down hard in the 3rd.
So despite throwing the game away vs Flyers they go into the break with a dominant win so I'm happy with that.

watching the Stars shut down the Blackhawks though...they look so damn good.

And who would have thought at this point Montreal would be behind Florida if the latter win their game in hand. After the first 10 games of the season...this is why NHL is so good.
And I guess proof that the Canadiens can not play with the confidence they want to without Price in goal.

Soldato
NO IT WASN'T!!!! lol :mad:

To be fair it was a fun game to watch but once the Flyers 2nd goal went in I knew how it was going to end

At least the Blues bounced back next night to shut out the Bruins. They controlled the game well and shut the Bruins down hard in the 3rd.
So despite throwing the game away vs Flyers they go into the break with a dominant win so I'm happy with that.

watching the Stars shut down the Blackhawks though...they look so damn good.

And who would have thought at this point Montreal would be behind Florida if the latter win their game in hand. After the first 10 games of the season...this is why NHL is so good.
And I guess proof that the Canadiens can not play with the confidence they want to without Price in goal.

Don't worry Blitz, we took care of them for ya ;) Lovely shorthanded goal too :p

Although still shows how inconsistent the ducks are, need to actually keep winning if we're gonna do anything this year..

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just finished last nights Caps game, looked a bit ropey early on but soon picked up ending I a nice win. Losing Backstrom and Beagle (to a lesser extent) may be painful though...

Seeing in the new year this evening watching Caps-Canes :)

Back
Top Bottom