** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

Associate
I cannot get windows to recognise the ssd :( I can see it when I'm in the bios but when a boot from my Windows 7 disc there is no ssd there to install to :( can someone help me out here ive been at it for 3 hours and still no joy. I'm also using the Asus adapter incase that makes a difference

Associate
I cannot get windows to recognise the ssd :( I can see it when I'm in the bios but when a boot from my Windows 7 disc there is no ssd there to install to :( can someone help me out here ive been at it for 3 hours and still no joy. I'm also using the Asus adapter incase that makes a difference

Windows 7 does not have a nvme driver.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18698077

Maybe this will help. I just wimped out and bought a copy of Windows 10 and kept my 7 copy for my old machine.

Associate
Can I not just download a bootable windows 10 then use my Windows 7 key to activate it since windows 10 is free if you have windows 7?

Really don't want to go windows 10 yet :(

Associate
Can I not just download a bootable windows 10 then use my Windows 7 key to activate it since windows 10 is free if you have windows 7?

Really don't want to go windows 10 yet :(

I tried that, but Microsoft won't let you just use your 7 key in fresh install of 10.
You have to go the upgrade path, so I would assume then the only way to get it on your sm951 would be to then clone it.

Associate
If you have only recently done a Win 10 download to create a Windows disc.. then it is quite possible Win 10 should accept a genuine Win 7 key to activate.
The rules are supposed to have changed since the release of a Rev: a few days ago. :)

Asa

Asa

Associate
Order status for everything I got yesterday is still 'The order is in process'.

Are there delays getting stuff out of the warehouse, or just struggling to keep the statuses current?

Soldato
Order status for everything I got yesterday is still 'The order is in process'.

Are there delays getting stuff out of the warehouse, or just struggling to keep the statuses current?

Mine's the same, I suspect they are just rammed with trying to get stuff out the door.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Mine's the same, I suspect they are just rammed with trying to get stuff out the door.

Not complaining, I'm not going to get a chance to build today anyway. I just want to know if it's worth "working from home" while I wait for the delivery, or if I should get off my arse and out the door :)

Associate
Received my bundle last night. Was working late but managed to get it more or less built until I realised I didn't have any molex to fan adapters or even a splitter.

So ordering that today with the asus adapter for the SSD and a copy of windows 10.

Associate
Yeah, realised I needed a newer OS if I'm going to use the SSD as a boot drive. So today, while I was getting Windows 8.1 I've also ordered another 1TB HDD and a fan controller.

What was supposed to be an upgrade is turning into a new PC...

Associate
Where would be the best place to download windows 10 on a usb and try using my Windows 7 key.

If that fails where is a good and cheap place to buy a key

Asa

Asa

Associate
Please be patient guys. We have a crazy amount of orders to be processed.

Hey,

Does that mean we can take the order statuses at face value? No lack of patience, just useful to know whether I should be home to receive a delivery or not.

Thanks!

Soldato
Looks like I'll get mine tomorrow which has given me time to asses my case options. Turns out the HAF XB EVO case has a tray large enough to fit an E-ATX motherboard despite not being advertised.

Anyway if I'd not ordered based on the E-ATX compatibility in the manual I would have missed out on this great bundle so thanks for the opportunity.

Associate
The same page also states that you can license the fresh install with a valid Win 7/8/8.1 key.
Would like to know if this works for anyone, adding your windows 7 key into 10.
Tried this on Sunday with a fresh 10 install from USB stick. It would not activate with my old 7 key .Will save me some time next time I install instead of going 7 then 10 upgrade.

Associate
I can confirm , downloaded latest Win 10 installer and used my old win 7 key to install a fresh copy , works a treat but did also put the drivers from gigabyte site on the same usb stick and use them during install :cool:

Back
Top Bottom