Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg to give away 99% of shares

Soldato
Well i assume it would help with his US tax bill ;)

Uk tax bill? haha no worries there

I'd like to see a UK law enshrining the privacy data rights of all uk citizens (including prohibition of profit making off the back of it by companies). Pipe dream i know.

Man of Honour
right so after wading throug waffle:

Connecting every american classroom to high speed internet.
Clean energy solutions.
Free schooling for underprivaledged kids in california.
Teaching software.
Another software based learning initiative.
Another scheme paying for undocumented migrant college education

My favourite:

It looks like facebook is now spewing so much cash he literally does not know what to do with it anymore, the list goes on after the ones I posted, including 75m to his local hospital. 75 million!.

He could probably give away 99% of his total wealth tomorrow and still be a billionaire by the weekend...

He'd still be a billionaire even after giving away that 99%

Caporegime
Facebook paid £4,327 corporation tax in 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34504474

How about just paying some tax instead?

aww they don't want to do that, then they can't make a song and dance about it - it just goes in the big pot with the rest of the money to be spent on boring things like schools, the police, welfare, defence etc..

billionaires often go in for all the usual tax avoidance that deprives income from the rest of society that helped them get rich - they then engage in philanthropy as a sort of vanity project... everyone will say what a great guy they are and they'll get to stick their name to projects, buildings etc... and build a legacy

not that I think he is a bad guy, he's probably a very nice person and certainly much nicer than the billionaires who simply hoard wealth... but I wouldn't hold him up as a complete saint either

Soldato
great news, i'd like to think i'd do the same
with that sort of forture you could easily make sure you and yours are sorted first then have plenty to give away still

Caporegime
^ exactly, not sure what I could do with £30bn. £1bn (to me at least) is a ridiculous amount of money, not that many things you couldn't do (e.g. own a fleet of super yacht).

Soldato
its probably on a parr with me giving £1 to charity, but hats off to the guy...thats a lot of money to give away... even if he is still left with 100's of millions

Soldato
If you don't know what difference it's going to make I really pity you.

:rolleyes:

I meant the money to him personally, I meant the fact he's going to make a butt-ton more. Fair enough, who wouldn't? He also has 1% left of that 99%, he's not going to be skint, he is not that affected.

As for the money he has given away I would rather he himself did he own work with the money to help the world as he clearly has a great outlook, rather than giving it away for others to spend. Never the less it will make some difference which is great.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mr Zuckerberg said he will remain chief executive of Facebook for "many, many years to come".
So what difference does it make.

:rolleyes:

I meant the money to him personally, I meant the fact he's going to make a butt-ton more. Fair enough, who wouldn't? He also has 3bn left of that 99%, he's not going to be skint, he is not that affected.

you know he doesn't get paid for being facebook CEO... whether he stays as CEO or whether someone equally competent takes over doesn't make any difference to his wealth

Back
Top Bottom