*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Soldato
I must be the only one that doesn't bother with Fatmen - I just sell 'em when found, same with missile launchers. Absolutely rinced a Legendary Deathclaw with a Plasma Pistol on a quest for the Railroad. The feels.

My Dog carries my Fatman, Missile Launcher and Chaingun.
I hardly used it.Perhaps I should start selling them as the amount of Ammo I've got is getting ridiculous.

My Combat Sniper, Combat Shotgun and .44 Pistol, all modded to the max owns anything close and distance.

Legendary Deathclaw falls before my knee in 2-3 shots, depending on range.

Associate
I've only used a Fatman once and embarrassingly enough it was early in the game when you start hunting for a certain person. I kept dying so I just launched a Fatman into the room and it ruined him, the synths and dogmeat. :D

I generally don't keep specials like his pistol as I find them to be not very strong compared to my own upgraded weapons. My combat rifle is a monster, can't wait to chamber it for .308 and really have some fun. Really want to find an assault rifle to take advantage of the colossal stockpile of 5.56 I have collected. :o

Soldato
It's all about the .44 hand cannon. Dismembering people and reorganising them on post-nuclear park benches has never been so much fun.

Definitely, it's my walk around gun, whilst all my other weapon are silenced. Not sure about reorganising them upon death, the wasteland haven't turned me that psychotic... yet.

I generally don't keep specials like his pistol as I find them to be not very strong compared to my own upgraded weapons. My combat rifle is a monster, can't wait to chamber it for .308 and really have some fun. Really want to find an assault rifle to take advantage of the colossal stockpile of 5.56 I have collected. :o

Specials is all about the additional perks. His pistol is awesome for someone like me, high luck, I chamber a critical point (or two) for emergencies and using VATS in a room full of enemies, if I don't crit by my last round, I force one and get more action points to do it all again.

My combat sniper (silenced) with a .308 just does ridiculous damage on headshots, sneak. 2 shots on Deathclaws, one being sneak-headshot and the other in the face when it turns to look at me.

Soldato
Sometimes I just like to send a fat one in and watch the fire works. Seems a Shame to miss out and sell the ammo. Think I've fired 5 total in many hours game play.

I do use my missile launcher though, but then I have plenty of ammo for it.

Associate

Specials can be upgraded the same way that normal weapons can, the only difference being that they have an extra bonus.

Associate
My Dog carries my Fatman, Missile Launcher and Chaingun.
I hardly used it.Perhaps I should start selling them as the amount of Ammo I've got is getting ridiculous.

My Combat Sniper, Combat Shotgun and .44 Pistol, all modded to the max owns anything close and distance.

Legendary Deathclaw falls before my knee in 2-3 shots, depending on range.

You should, I use ammo that I don't use as a placement for caps. e.g. if I'm buying something for 1500 caps (even though I have 16,000+ caps) I would sell the trader 1500 caps worth of ammo + what ever money they have on them :p

FTM

FTM

Soldato
another .44 fan here, advanced receiver, long barrel, good grip and I prefer an open sight instead of a scope

mines a special that does 50% extra damage to ghouls though...much lols when popping legs off

Soldato
Something weird happened today whilst i was playing, was at my carry limit so fast travelled back to sanctuary ( as that's my main and has supply lines leading to other settlements) and all the settlers were red and attacked me on sight, then a window popped up saying send companion away, which they didn't like and they also attacked me. Ended up dying as i didn't want to kill anyone, loaded up and 1 of the guys from sanctuary ( supply lines) came by at the other settlement i was at and it kicked off. again.

Soldato
Wohay finally managed to get my platinum for this, can just relax and mess around now. Really was a good game and one of my GOTY's along with Bloodborne and Witcher 3.

Roll on the DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
So this is my first ever Fallout game, how important exactly are the initial stats you put into your S.P.E.C.I.A.L?

I split mine out fairly evenly but am only just outside the initial vault so have no problems with going back and redoing the intro if this was a bad decision.

Any opinions?

Soldato
So this is my first ever Fallout game, how important exactly are the initial stats you put into your S.P.E.C.I.A.L?

I split mine out fairly evenly but am only just outside the initial vault so have no problems with going back and redoing the intro if this was a bad decision.

Any opinions?

I personally did it 'wrong' by putting points for role playing, high luck, high charisma and crappy everything else, until I realise I am not unlocking some perks I really wanted.

Look at the perk list, adjust your special points to match the perks you want first - e.g. making sure you have enough points in Intelligence to at least unlock "Gun Nut" if you want to mod guns, and enough points in Strength to at least get "Blacksmithing" etc

The points will influence how good your damage with melee / accurate your shots are, how much health, but initially, it's not going to make a big difference i.e. not game breaking. Your perks will break what you can or can do first.

Associate
I agree slightly with this game sometimes being a chore. Like yesterday I was on a raider clearing mission, found some epic loot along the way. Then it comes to the point where I can't carry any more. That's cool, I'll just give some too my partn... oh wait, where's he gone?

Every. Damn. Time. It's so frustrating having to leave things behind all the time because whoever I'm travelling with got stuck on a log 10 minutes back, or they simply disappear. Really hoping they fix that as they're a pain in the butt when they are around and even more of a pain when they're not.

On the upside, persistence in the game is so good that the corpse of a raider is still where I killed him in the middle of Sanctuary, so going back later is possible yet annoying.

Back
Top Bottom