X99 Build Check/Thoughts

Associate
Hey all, i'm looking to splash around 1k on PC build (minus the GPU,Storage & OS which i already have bits i can use)

It will be a bit of a multi purpose system for home studio recordings, photo/video editing, storage server for streaming to other devices and eventually a splash of gaming once I've saved for a decent card (or two) to go in it.

Looking to overclock the CPU and going for black/white theme.
Any pitfalls or thoughts on the below spec?

Some choices might be overkill (mobo?) but If it helps with future proofing/upgrades then that's ok as i wont be looking to change systems again for a few years if possible.

Any help much appreciated! :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,077.89
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Soldato
I think that looks good overall to be honest. You have chosen the same CPU and amount of RAM as me - good choice for both. I also overclocked my 5820k and easily got 4.5ghz on slightly lower than stock vcore - cracking CPU and a very good mobo as well(I went for the pro rather than deluxe)

Main question from me is about the Mobo - will you be using the extra M2 slot for an ssd? And will you be using the wifi that comes with it as those are the only two differences between the deluxe and the pro and the pro is £259.99 vs £314.99. Wifi is better on the deluxe as its 802.11ac.

Main reason I mentioned it is because you said that you will maybe go for 2 gfx cards in the future, and depending on what you chose a 1000w PSU may be a better option and the saving on the mobo would cover that increase now rather than later.

Overall though - good choices IMO

Associate
OP
Main question from me is about the Mobo - will you be using the extra M2 slot for an ssd? And will you be using the wifi that comes with it as those are the only two differences between the deluxe and the pro and the pro is £259.99 vs £314.99. Wifi is better on the deluxe as its 802.11ac.

Overall though - good choices IMO

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated, decided to drop to the pro board in an effort to save a few quid but ended up being tempted to add a Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX SILENT Mechanical keyboard haha! :D

I think the 850w should tie me over for a while as i'll probably upgrade to a single 980ti or similar sometime after xmas for the occasional gaming. :)

Back
Top Bottom