What watch do you wear?

Associate
I've got a Seiko Auto Relay the same as this:

** no hotlinking ***

It is in a bit of a sorry state and it no longer charges, looking around it looks like it will be 100 - 150 to get it repaired. Do you think it is worth repairing or just buy a replacement?

I'm also looking for something a bit special as well as I just got a bonus from work but I'm still undecided what I really want at the moment

Soldato
I've got a Seiko Auto Relay the same as this:

It is in a bit of a sorry state and it no longer charges, looking around it looks like it will be 100 - 150 to get it repaired. Do you think it is worth repairing or just buy a replacement?

I'm also looking for something a bit special as well as I just got a bonus from work but I'm still undecided what I really want at the moment

I have that very same watch amongst others, had it for 14 years now and it's still holding charge. When it does stop holding charge I will have it repaired as it has sentimental value. :cool:

Soldato
e1438321-719b-4e18-a377-978c8a99fad6_zps8yytjqbt.jpg

Got my Garmin fenix 3 yesterday, loving it so far, got out on the bike this afternoon to test it, performed brilliantly.
Battery life has surprised me so far, very impressed.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Garmin fenix 3 yesterday, loving it so far, got out on the bike this afternoon to test it, performed brilliantly.
Battery life has surprised me so far, very impressed.

That's interesting I have a Fenix 2 and an 8 mile run plus watch mode with bluetooth on and the battery is dead in a day. Not overly impressed.

Soldato
That's interesting I have a Fenix 2 and an 8 mile run plus watch mode with bluetooth on and the battery is dead in a day. Not overly impressed.

Fully charged it the day i got it on the 3rd, came off charge around 10pm, had a play with it before bed, Bluetooth and wifi enabled the whole time, normal operating mode, 2 hour cycle yesterday, with a lot of messing about with settings through the day, didnt even bother charging last night, currently sitting at 72%

Man of Honour
Anyone have much experience of Steinhart vs Chris Ward? Namely the Ocean vs Trident range.

People seem to consider them more or less equals, despite the Ward's costing significantly more (especially in Automatic form)?

Associate
I've seen both in the flesh. They used to be on a par but the new Trident is better quality imo.

Having said this, I don't think the design of hands on the Trident work very well and it;s up to you if you think the quality is worth the extra money. I'd say yes, as long as you buy it when they have one of theri many "offers". I think there's currently a 25% voucher kicking about.

Associate
I've seen both in the flesh. They used to be on a par but the new Trident is better quality imo.

Having said this, I don't think the design of hands on the Trident work very well and it;s up to you if you think the quality is worth the extra money. I'd say yes, as long as you buy it when they have one of theri many "offers". I think there's currently a 25% voucher kicking about.

I have to say when I had a look, the CW prices were borderline Longines range -- and that's quite a jump.. Yeah, the trident is nice, but would I buy a CW vs a Longines for the same money?

Back
Top Bottom