The Best Monopoly Properties

Soldato
I always go for blue orange yellow. The cost of houses is the same on each row (I.e. pink and orange both costs 100 per house) but you get more income per house on the last colour of the row. Plus orange is just after jail.

Soldato
I always preferred light blue and orange.

Light blue are cheap to buy and build on but can sting someone for 600-650 with a hotel, to hotel the whole set costs only 1,070 including costs of properies. As they're cheap, you can build early without it really denting your bank balance. 2 hits and it's more than paid for, then build on orange :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What's Monopoly? :p /boardgamesnob

(I'd rather play Power Grid :p)

Well said. Love power grid.

That said if you have to ask such a question of which colour properties are best, you likely are not very good at the game. There really is no best. Unless you are the type that assumes Mayfair and Park Lane are best to get. Lol.

The game requires very little strategy, just buy one of each colour and then you are in control. Unless I have rotten luck with dice I always win doing this :)

Soldato
Oranges and Pinks.

Pall Mall is a surefire winner with 'Advance to Pall Mall' in the chance pile.
Finally!:D someone with sense, this combo never fails me, it might not pay out huge but i've always preferred a game of attrition, nothing more satisfying than seeing someone land on pall mall for the 8th time and flipping the board in frustration.
Supplement this with a lone red and a yellow and you have the game pretty much sown up.

Soldato
You do realise putting the money into the middle and claiming it when landing on Free Parking lengthens the game considerably? :p

Just out of interest - who here has actually played the game properly as in to the exact rules including auctioning of properties? :)

Soldato
Oh monopoly! Blues are a risky biscuit worth it when someone lands on one though! My play style however was to try and get full sets of one colour from each side of the board so basically 4 full sets if possible not including trains ect

Back
Top Bottom