Chessington World of Adventures

Soldato
Guys considering spending a few days in the London area next year, and thought we might spend a couple of days in Chessington.
2 adults, one child aged 5 at that time.
How are the rides for a child of this age?
There is a zoo as well?
What are peoples thoughts on the place?
Where should we stay?
Any recommendations?
How is public transport in the area?
Which London airport would be easiest to get to Chessington from?

Soldato
We've taken our daughter twice now; she's 6. She thoroughly enjoyed it!

The first time we went we spent the majority of time in the zoo section, but done a few rides in the afternoon. Think she managed 5-6 hours. - There's a lot of walking, so knackered her out.
The second time was less time in the zoo section, and a few more rides.

We looked into staying there for a night, but it seemed expensive. Looked good - but too dear for us.

I would go again. It makes a nice day out. The kids can't do the big rides, but the parents can :)

Soldato
It'd be great for a 5 year old. My daughters 2 1/2 and she enjoyed it but it would have been a lot better if she was a little bit bigger (and if it hadn't rained all day!)

It's unbelievabily expensive though so go online and book in advance and you'll save a fortune.

Associate
You should be able to do it on a 1 day easily. If you go out of term time you can get a parent toddler ticket for £20. We went in April and walked on to all the rides

chessington world of adventures really should be a one day thing. it's not that good tbh and the rides are clearly for the little ones only. for the cost, the second day will be a waste of money and could be much better spent.

i'm sure you're aware but check opening dates as i believe, like Thorpe park, chessington closes over winter and a bit of spring.

Back
Top Bottom