** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Follow the guide. But set the memory to default speed not 3000 so 2133. Try again. I am almost certain the memory is the issue. So XMP. Then go to memory frequency and go 2666mhz. Also you can try run 3000mhz with my settings plus VL4 1.55, VL5 1.45, VL6 1.45. These are OC socket settings and help when Overclocking memory on X99 CPU. Also system agent at +0.25 can also help drive the memory high and stable.

8pack appreciate the help many thanks. Will try what you said above. Before I do I just wanted to confirm. When I change the CPU clock ratio i.e. 33, 34 , 35 I don't get the same numbers like you do in your photos for e.g if I change mine to 34 my CPU frequency says 3.8GHZ where yours says 4.37GHZ?

Real shame a customer is struggling yet OCUK support is here Sat night primetime!... give that man some overtime! :)

I know great service as always. It is much appreciated

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Thats because your not following the guide. Set XMP first p[rofile 1. This will put the mem speed to 3000 and you will be at 125 BLK with 1.25 divider. Then make other changes,

If its not doing this check the sticks did we send you an incorrect kit or something??

Last edited:
Associate
Thats because your not following the guide. Set XMP first p[rofile 1. This will put the mem speed to 3000 and you will be at 125 BLK with 1.25 divider. Then make other changes,

If its not doing this check the sticks did we send you an incorrect kit or something??

All sorted. I left it last night and had a fresh go this morning and its worked. Didn't make too many changes, just followed your guide again and it worked. Hopefully it will stay working.:)

Thanks again for the great support!

OcUK Staff
Glade its working!!

It was obvious from your target frequencys that you had not fully seen every setting in the guide and was clocking on the 100 strap which cant work at 3000mhz mems.

Soldato
Not much info on the Asetek site so I'll ask here first..

Is there an optimal speed for the Gen 4 pump + rad that comes with this bundle?

Currently plugging the pump in the CPU_FAN header sets the pump to max speed ~1800 RPM is that recommended for long term use?

I'm using the CPU_OPT to control 2 x SP120 fans to between 800-1500 which is perfect but it's a pity the CPU_FAN header isn't controlling the pump speed.

I have a fan controller but it's annoying to run power and thermal sensors (for variable speed) as I've managed a very clean install so far.

Last edited:

Asa

Asa

Associate
Finally have this up and stable close to the level 1 OC. Required BIOS F2f, and I can only manage 2750Mhz on the memory. Many failures along the way (corrupted BIOS, corrupted OS, corrupted t-shirts, and having to uninstall/reinstall the killer ethernet drivers every time I change anything in the BIOS.... sigh), but generally satisfied with the result.

Have a couple of issues, mentioning just in case anyone else with the bundle has the same:
-Windows 10 never successfully restarts. Just goes through shutdown and then hangs until I hit the reset button.
-When the system is shutdown it keeps the R9-295x humming and illuminating the room. Initially I thought it might be some cooldown cycle, but it never stops. No good for a PC in a bedroom.
-The sound output over SP/DIF is awful.

Anyone come across and (ideally) solved these minor issues?

Associate
Can't say I've noticed any of the problem you mention Asa, I bought a W10 USB stick with the bundle and it's been fine. Shutdown, restarts etc. I've got a NVidia 680GTX in the box at the moment, not noticed it running after I shut the system down. Seems like I've been lucky as mine OC'ed straight out of the box, memory happy at 3000Mhz etc. Well chuffed I am :)

Should add I also bought the ASUS NVMe carrier thing so I'm not using the slot on the MB for the SSD.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finally have this up and stable close to the level 1 OC. Required BIOS F2f, and I can only manage 2750Mhz on the memory. Many failures along the way (corrupted BIOS, corrupted OS, corrupted t-shirts, and having to uninstall/reinstall the killer ethernet drivers every time I change anything in the BIOS.... sigh), but generally satisfied with the result.

Have a couple of issues, mentioning just in case anyone else with the bundle has the same:
-Windows 10 never successfully restarts. Just goes through shutdown and then hangs until I hit the reset button.
-When the system is shutdown it keeps the R9-295x humming and illuminating the room. Initially I thought it might be some cooldown cycle, but it never stops. No good for a PC in a bedroom.
-The sound output over SP/DIF is awful.

Anyone come across and (ideally) solved these minor issues?

I have got mine all set up and working fine but haven't done any overclocking yet but would be very dissatisfied with that seen as the 4.12ghz and 3000mhz mem clock is guaranteed ( and i would have thought pretty conservative).

Will start to clock it in the coming days so hopefully dont run into the problems you are having. I thought the OC1 was a gimme.

Associate
The level 1 OC was stable from the go for me. Since then however, I have had a couple of hangs on restart, but I put that down to some dodgy software updates - since fixed.

Currently trying to get above 4.12GHz, just need some time to nail down the settings at 4.25GHz as it doesn't seem to be stable on the suggested settings (luck of the draw I guess). Temps are amazing though and I have a lot of headroom to work with so I may plough on with 4.375 and see what happens.

TBH 4.12GHz on a hex-core is great for me as I don't just game - CAD, rendering etc is also part of this PC's job. Just a little irritating, as I'm sure I can get more out of it with a bit of time.

As I have spare, I can sense a day's holiday being booked!

Caporegime
With regards to the bios, has everyone gone to the latest beta one straight away (there are two listed on the gigabyte website, the 1st one and then a F2f one)

Also, how has everyone been flashing the bios as well?

Also, what is the "uncore frequency" and why is it so drastically different between OC 1 and OC2 ( 3,0ghz and 3.5ghz)?

Last edited:
Associate
Still on F1 here. I'm tempted to see if F2f has any effect on stability at 4.25GHz but I'm wary of anything labelled as a beta.

As per usual, I'll flash using Qflash.

Associate
F1 was very stable for me and ran the second stage overclock without problems for 5 days ... I then installed the Asus M2 card but that needed the f2f beta bios or wouldnt allow access to the BIOS.

Last few days on the f2f beta and having nothing but problems from cold start (power off from wall socket) over night , not sure if its the cold start or another issue but have reset overclock and stress tested @4.2 without issue this morning so remains to be seen what happens tomorrow morning

no other issues apart from USB Joystick wouldnt be recognised yesterday and that required an OS reinstall :( good thing that dont take long

Soldato
F2f BIOS that was the first thing I did before trying to OC the CPU. I have a 128GB M.2 mounted NVMe drive for booting and the 512GB NVMe in a PCIE HBA card. I'm using Windows 10 and no problems with hangs, shutdowns currently. I have a single 980 Ti.

I'm currently running at 4.25 GHz @ 1.18v which is a good compromise in performance and temps for me.

I've spent just as much time messing with my fans and adjusting the BIOS settings plus switching resistors to get a good noise/temp compromise. That includes the AIO fan on my 980 Ti I'm a bit fussy over running stable temps at least.

The pump I've just left connected to CPU_FAN running @ ~1800 RPM.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice one getting it stable @ 1.18V. I take it that's with 3.5GHz Uncore?

I think I'll have a go at flashing it later on. F2f supposedly improves support for 16GB memory modules and improves HDD support. I can always flash back to F1 if it causes issues!

I've got all my fans plugged into an NZXT Sentry Mix 2. At the lowest setting (40%) the fans aren't loud at all and temps are stable. When I game, I tend to up the rad fan sliders about halfway and the intake/exhaust sliders by about a third. With headphones I don't really notice the noise.

Soldato
Nice one getting it stable @ 1.18V. I take it that's with 3.5GHz Uncore?

Yes that's a new setting for me coming from an i5-3570K.

I was going to play with the TIM (paste) on the CPU but was struggling to get some Liquid Pro to spread out over the huge IHS. So switched to the Grizzly. That rubber tube spreader wasn't doing it for me so I thinned it down with drop of Isopropyl and got it to spread over the whole IHS evenly.

Can't say it made a much difference over the stuff that came on the water block!

Back
Top Bottom