**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
can you explain the issue? if you set a pin/pattern, you don't have to use it. you can then just use the fingerprint as though that's the only thing and it'll unlock the screen, even from off. what's the issue with this? the pin is only there as a back up should it not be able to read your finger, e.g. today i had gloves on.

First few times I used it, it went through both procedures. Stopped doing that now and works just through the FP as you say. I was just having a play with it freshly delivered when I posted that :)

Take it you have conductive gloves then? because pattern wouldnt work with normal gloves on anyway.

the pattern is there for backup, if the FP fails.
Sure, was just curious.

Liking the spigen "rugged". Not as silly as previous rugged cases I've had and the carbon fibre look on the back in two strips doesnt look as bad as the photos.

Associate
First few times I used it, it went through both procedures. Stopped doing that now and works just through the FP as you say. I was just having a play with it freshly delivered when I posted that :)

I find that if I restart the phone for whatever reason I and go to use the FP it will ask for the pin/pattern/whatever I have set as well just because it was started up for the first time. Every time I use the FP after that is fine.

Soldato
Got my 6.01 OTA update last night. Accidentally hit yes to the upgrade prompt whilst I was in a restaurant so the small charge I had left on the battery took a beating.

Amongst the obvious changes are a ton of Emoji's, bug fixes and Ambient Display is actually working real well now! Struggling to get used to google keyboard until Swiftkey add that new emoji support into their app though.

Caporegime

Take it you have conductive gloves then? because pattern wouldnt work with normal gloves on anyway.

Sure, was just curious.

Liking the spigen "rugged". Not as silly as previous rugged cases I've had and the carbon fibre look on the back in two strips doesnt look as bad as the photos.

I can use my screen, different phone although same tech, with standard gloves on.

Associate
I'm really liking this phone, but...

Anyone else find the WiFi is totally crap and/or non existent?

Right now it's connected, earlier I've been standing next to my router and it will not register as giving any signal.

Anyone else have issues?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I thought the WiFi was quite good.

But I have had some issues, not with my home WiFi (Asus N66U) but at work it randomly drops out even with good signal. I had this with my OPO too. I have no idea why but I've read similar on the internet.

Picked up a Nillkin "Frosted" case as I wanted something slim. I guess it's technically a hard case, but is softer with a soft touch finish. I quite like it, will probably give away my Spigen UA if anyone wants it.

Imgur album

That case is quite nice, any chance of some in focus shots? :p

Soldato
Just checking through Credit Card statements and realised that CPW took payment of the 6P I 'click and collected', but never collected! Cheeky bleeders!

To make it worse, there phone support was as clear as mud. I think she actually gave up one security question as I had no idea what she was saying.

She tells me my refund is on it's way. Let's see if they do better than Vodafone and actually give me a refund when they say they are.

Permabanned
Just checking through Credit Card statements and realised that CPW took payment of the 6P I 'click and collected', but never collected! Cheeky bleeders!

To make it worse, there phone support was as clear as mud. I think she actually gave up one security question as I had no idea what she was saying.

She tells me my refund is on it's way. Let's see if they do better than Vodafone and actually give me a refund when they say they are.

Carphone whorehouse are evil.

Good luck with your refund.

Associate
Hi my EE contract is up in April. I have always had HTC from Desire HD, One X, One M8.

Seeing how the M9 has been out a while and the A9 is more of a sidestep/downgrade to the M9, I have set my sights on this!

Currently pay just about £48 for unlimited mins, unlimited txts and 4GB data and orange care.

CPW will buy my phone for £80 and I can get this deal http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/huawei-nexus-6p-32gb for £35 a month ( work pays £30 towards phone bill :))

This sound like a good plan? I thinking of either cancelling insurance all together or moving. Who is best for that? I don't have it included with my bank.

Thanks,
Sean

Soldato
That case is quite nice, any chance of some in focus shots? :p

:p

Sorry, the office is quite dark and hard to get something in focus without being completely blown out. Will try to find some better light :)

I've been using it all weekend, and my only gripe with it is the open top and bottom (main the bottom) is it irritates me when holding it.

Back
Top Bottom