Just cause 3

Soldato
There is a bit of a leak apparently when yo have been playing for a while.

How long can you play before you notice the drops?

It seems to be a complete lottery, to be honest. Most of the time, the performance is bad the moment I jump into the game. I've just reinstalled the game on my SSD drive, I'll see whether that helps when I get back home.

Soldato
Looks like it's time to upgrade my GTX480, it has served me well!

Struggling to get a playable frame rate at Medium graphics @1080 even with my overclocked i5 4690K.

You should try playing with just an onboard GPU! A8-7600 is quite good though. Frame rates are low but game is playable. Still, trying to source a nice 2nd hand GPU now to go with my newer PC!

My nephews birthday sun and he is looking forward to his new PC and this game!

Associate
Sorted out the "No loading screen mod" yesterday, removes the deckchair on the beach for ages intro screen.

Also picked up a trainer & a mod which maxes out the wingsuit and teather options but not had a chance to test them yet. Simple download and extract to the game folders.

Just make sure you have a backup as with any mod it may break afetr patches etc.

Got them from JC3 Mods via Google. Can't link as the work PC is restricted.

Ah, the no loading screen mod is back (was a version in Just Cause 2 for Black Market). I've not checked the mods for this recently, but are there multiple sites or is it just the one. The last time I did check, there were the inevitable mods that removed cooldowns for the black market vehicles and unlocked hidden items in the black market.

I hope there's a mod which adjusts the ratings for the challenges to make getting gears easier. While it's silly that I'd rather work for my unlocks, I will admit the current system is stupid, they should just give us the gears for completing a challenge once or something. I miss collecting things from Just Cause 2, while it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, one could just get a mod to make the upgrades free (not require collectibles) in that game.

Soldato
Looks like it's time to upgrade my GTX480, it has served me well!

Struggling to get a playable frame rate at Medium graphics @1080 even with my overclocked i5 4690K.

I'm on a 4690k and my second hand 780 blitzes JC3, well in so much as it's above my monitor refresh rate for about 95% of the time and that's at 1200p.

I do see quite a lot of RAM usage though, even with nothing open in the background I'm up around 6.5-7.2GB of usage. VRAM is also on the very edge.

Underboss
Ah, the no loading screen mod is back (was a version in Just Cause 2 for Black Market). I've not checked the mods for this recently, but are there multiple sites or is it just the one. The last time I did check, there were the inevitable mods that removed cooldowns for the black market vehicles and unlocked hidden items in the black market.

I hope there's a mod which adjusts the ratings for the challenges to make getting gears easier. While it's silly that I'd rather work for my unlocks, I will admit the current system is stupid, they should just give us the gears for completing a challenge once or something. I miss collecting things from Just Cause 2, while it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, one could just get a mod to make the upgrades free (not require collectibles) in that game.

I use http://justcause3mods.com/ - just downloaded an "Unlock all gears" mod so you don't have to do all the crappy side missions.

Lovely

Underboss
But, thats the game though! I am aiming to start afresh and complete the game fully this time

Good for you.

You bought the game to play it through, I bought the game to blow the daylights out of everything in sandbox mode.

Wouldn't life be boring if we all wanted to do the same things...

Associate
Good for you.

You bought the game to play it through, I bought the game to blow the daylights out of everything in sandbox mode.

Wouldn't life be boring if we all wanted to do the same things...
different strokes for different folks..

Ive used the mod that gives me extra teathers and more control off the wing suit.. just so it makes things more interesting for doing the missions.. the side missions will get done through time but like you I enjoy blowing things up :D

Soldato
Running from an SSD didn't change a damn thing regarding fps, I really hoped the game would run better. I guess I'll have to uninstall it altogether, not to keen on playing at 30fps.

Really fun game, but I guess it's a bit too much for my 970 at 1440p. The requirements are rather steep for how it looks on a technical level (but the artstyle and colours make it look great).

Associate
@jbh, how many tethers does it give? Having fun with 4 atm.

Do you mean the upgrade for tethers 2>4>6 or an actual game modification?

it gives 6 tethers.

and yea I used one of the mods off the site. gives the 6 tethers and the extra control of the wingsuit.

that's the only one ive used. its great for wrecking stuff with the tehers and lets you fly in with the wingsuit and land on your feet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I have a decent spec and at 1080 I'm having no dramas.

Odd that a resolution is causing this many issues.

Yup, I didn't think 1440p would cause such monumental framerate drops. I incorrectly assumed that if Witcher 3 and GTA V ran nicely, this would too. Heck, even Syndicate runs better and it's easily playable:p
I'd understand having problems with maxing the game but I dropped shadows, LOD and textures to high, disabled bokeh/motion blur and only used FXAA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom