**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
How can you respect someone who has Mcgregor's antics tho, he winds me up big time. If you've seen that FB video floating about of all the pre run up convo's then you'll know what i mean.

Edit, this is the vid.

https://www.facebook.com/LikkeStudios/videos/10153848812109925/

Dont get me wrong, it's funny some of the stuff but some it is proper pathetic as well..

I'm not talking about respecting him as a person, I'm talking about respecting him as a fighter who has finished 16 of his 18 wins by knockout.

Aldo didn't approach him like a man who can and will knock out virtually everyone who faces him. He didn't respect McGregors obvious ability to knock people out and proceeded to get knocked out.

Soldato
I'm not talking about respecting him as a person, I'm talking about respecting him as a fighter who has finished 16 of his 18 wins by knockout.

Aldo didn't approach him like a man who can and will knock out virtually everyone who faces him. He didn't respect McGregors obvious ability to knock people out and proceeded to get knocked out.

Ahh ok, well i said the same thing in my original post so i though you meant as a person. Yea i don't understand why Aldo went from a counter mentality to thinking he could have Mcgregor on the front foot. It was ridiculous and obviously what caused him to lose. Had he stayed in that counter mentality he could have absorbed some of Mcgregor's energy, let him tire and then get him to the ground. Was very foolish.

It is also proper making him a lot of money

Yea true.

Associate
Just lol at the number of people hating on the fact Aldo got stiffed in 13 seconds :D

He was out before he hit the ground and then ate two hammerfists before John McCarthy shinned him :p

Caporegime
McGregor wants no part of this, Dos Anjos would beat him into a living death (as Ken Shamrock famously put it).

It's sounding like we will find out, Mcgregor's comments in the post fight presser sounds like he's up for it. Mcgregor is a big featherweight, and has fought at lightweight a few times. It's not massively out of the question for it to happen.

I don't think Dos Anjos is all that personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy gives him a hard time and takes him out. I hope so anyway, Cowboy is a legend.

Last edited:
Associate
Khabib is the next lightweight champ if he ever sorts his glass body out.

Khabib is likely to not make a return to the UFC due to injury.

Whilst I agree that the Lightweight division will be a step up for McGregor I will go out on a limb and say his striking is a cut above anyone in either division. However... the more physical lightweight division should prove to be tougher and cause him issues if bouts go in to later rounds at which point he could get grinded out.

Soldato
I'd youd expect him to get wrestled silly in lightweight but I guess they have to get him on the floor before being knocked out first...

While all the pre fight stuff went from funny to classless I have to say mcregor has showed a lot more class in his comments afterwards than I had expected

Man of Honour
Rogan said recently that when his contact with the UFC is up he might not re-sign... i wonder if they are lining Cruz up to take his spot? :o

Associate
Rogan said recently that when his contact with the UFC is up he might not re-sign... i wonder if they are lining Cruz up to take his spot? :o

That is interesting.

I will be honest I am super excited for the fight this weekend.

I have too much on to stay up for it sadly.

Also if Mcregor fought Dos Anjos all I can think of is how he will manage with Dos Anjos on top of him. He managed with Mendes and got away minus the cut. I do not think that would happen with Dos Anjos!

Associate

He could be negotiating. I hope they keep Joe, he's said he loves doing fight companion podcasts when he's not commentating but he's the best commentator they've got IMO.

Back
Top Bottom