• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I3 6100 overclocks (apparently)

Soldato
It was actually first done on a super micro h170 motherboard. All the es i3 over clocked on the bclk really well but Intel locked it down for the retail chips. Also skylake has and external clock generator for the bclk so it does not effect or damage any other systems when you oc the bclk. On some 6700k chips ppl have manage we'll over 400mhz bclk.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The only caveat right now is the boards. They are quite expensive. This will only really catch on if it works on cheaper boards IMO.

I haven't seen Intel throwing out cease and desists yet though so it seems that right now they are cool with it.

Soldato
As rock are suppose to be bringing out an matx version of the oc f that will be cheaper than the atx version. It can be done with all boards even h170 chipset, but they have released the bios for oc first, but it will trickle down to the lesser boards in time.

Soldato
As rock are suppose to be bringing out an matx version of the oc f that will be cheaper than the atx version. It can be done with all boards even h170 chipset, but they have released the bios for oc first, but it will trickle down to the lesser boards in time.

I hope Asus follow with mini itx i have gone off Asrock

Soldato
OP
it wont matter if you are only running an i3, maybe for the locked i5 you need at least 4 phases.

I overclocked a Pentium K a while back on a Gigabyte Phoenix. I could only get to 4.3ghz before the VRMs crapped out and that was on stock voltage.

I have no idea what the phases were on that board though tbh.

Soldato
I overclocked a Pentium K a while back on a Gigabyte Phoenix. I could only get to 4.3ghz before the VRMs crapped out and that was on stock voltage.

ALXAndy Will you be buying into these none K chips ?

Soldato

thats is probably 4+1 or 3+1, but its b85 and itx so they are probably the cheapest of the cheap.

Soldato
I see prices of the i3 6100 is starting to rise now. Not sure if to wait for zen or buy this now before prices go out of control

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom