***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is there anything I can do to cool the smoke down on my subtank mini?

I almost gave up with the subtank as the vertical coils just leaked like a sieve. I decided to give the RBA head a try and managed to get the 0.5 coil working. However, the smoke is far too hot - I think I've managed to damage my throat trying to use it. I'm burning it at the lowest wattage of 7. I mix my own juice using Red Astaire concentrate with 80% VG.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the heat?

Last edited:
Soldato
My Series B Tilt developed a fault - not firing properly. Contacted JacVapour and they've sent out a replacement immediately without waiting for the faulty device to be returned. All sorted within 24 hours. Really excellent customer service from these guys :)

Soldato
Open up the airflow, use a wider bore drip tip are the only things I can suggest really. I'm surprised it's running hot at 7W with a 0.5 ohm coil, and if it's hitting your throat it sounds to me like the wick isn't quite absorbing enough liquid and the cotton is burning slightly. Sorry to point these things out if you already know, just running through basic troubleshooting.

Soldato
My Series B Tilt developed a fault - not firing properly. Contacted JacVapour and they've sent out a replacement immediately without waiting for the faulty device to be returned. All sorted within 24 hours. Really excellent customer service from these guys :)
I started vaping on his range of gear several years ago, good to hear his customer service care is still as good as ever.

Soldato
Haha yeah it is. Been back on my 3ml for the last few days, dual 2mm 6 wrap claptons 0.31ohm, horizontal build, airflow wide open at 100w, lovely :D

12ml of juice burned through today already though!

Man of Honour
Haha yeah it is. Been back on my 3ml for the last few days, dual 2mm 6 wrap claptons 0.31ohm, horizontal build, airflow wide open at 100w, lovely :D

Only 12ml. I've done ~9ml in a a Lemo2 so far today.

Going to rebuild my Aromamizer later and give it another chance tomorro. If im still not enjoying it then I think I'll be buying a 528 Customs Monster V3

Soldato

That sounds amazing, can I be cheeky and ask to see a pic of the build?

I've got a 3mm 8wrap .4 kanthal build in mine (dual), if I chain it I get dry hits eventually. If I don't chain (7-9in a row) it's fine and a great Vape.

Soldato
Yeah it's going to need fresh wick tonight so I'll snap a pic then :)

I was actually looking at the 528 monster v3 the other night, comes across as quite midrange for the big price tag.

Soldato

I almost gave up with the subtank as the vertical coils just leaked like a sieve. I decided to give the RBA head a try and managed to get the 0.5 coil working. However, the smoke is far too hot - I think I've managed to damage my throat trying to use it. I'm burning it at the lowest wattage of 7. I mix my own juice using Red Astaire concentrate with 80% VG.

What mod are you running it on, as a lot of mods cannot fire that low a wattage with a 0.5ohm coil and will just dump the fully battery power, so you may think its set to and giving 7w but it is actually giving 25w+...

You need to check what the minimum wattage your mod can fire at, if it is 3.3v or above then you getting 25+ watts, only way to get lower watts is with a decent mod such as the DNA40/200 or IPV350/350j and a few others.

Man of Honour
for the price of the monster.. and it's not worth it unless you get the competition version with the extra parts.. I would rather get the vapor giant mini or nano..

The vapor giant was recommended to me as well along with the Taifun, which is more of an MTL tank isn't it?

As you are a Squape owner slinxy what's the airflow like?

Can't find the Vapor Giant in stock anywhere

Soldato

Have you checked the coil for hot spots?

Soldato
The vapor giant was recommended to me as well along with the Taifun, which is more of an MTL tank isn't it?

As you are a Squape owner slinxy what's the airflow like?

Can't find the Vapor Giant in stock anywhere

The airflow on both the sqaupe and vg are massive.. there's a 3mm airflow on the vg, more than enough to lung hit. The OG Taifun is tight as hell..

Intaste.de will get it to you in a normal week... but make sure you get the screw driver for it.

Man of Honour
The airflow on both the sqaupe and vg are massive.. there's a 3mm airflow on the vg, more than enough to lung hit. The OG Taifun is tight as hell..

Intaste.de will get it to you in a normal week... but make sure you get the screw driver for it.

In that case I think I'll order the VG and possibly Squape clone and see which one I . I'm a it apprehensive to drop 100+ sheets on a Genuine without trying one first

Soldato
In that case I think I'll order the VG and possibly Squape clone and see which one I . I'm a it apprehensive to drop 100+ sheets on a Genuine without trying one first

the OG squape is a tight draw but the R or the RS is a massive...
my sqaupe kit is over £200 pounds worth of gear.. :(
just get the B deck...

I said this many time over at SV... I love the ubertoot, but if I have to have only one high end atty it would be the squape r/rs it's the most customizable tank.. if you can't get on with the squape then RTAs ain't for you. :)

EDIT: if you are going down the vg route, double check the sizes.. german tanks are massive... the nano is 3ml, the mini is 6.9ml/5.4ml

Last edited:
Man of Honour
UTA is a tighter draw as well isn't it? Not much chance of finding one for sale so I can do get about them really.

Sorry I meant the Squape R/RS

What's the difference between the B and W decks? That StattQualm isn't particularly helpful

Soldato
I built a dual coil setup in my new 3ml Aromamizer, but each coil is made from 2x 317L twisted together (was feeling brave), came out about .1ohms... i cant get it to hit any more than 120/145CC even at 133w... and at that its a hot vape... holy cow... ive got it on my DNA200 Dual 18650 3D mod so limited to 133w thankfully as i cant take any more heat... but this is the first time ive done a TC build that i could not hit the temp limit on and get such a Hot vape from... its class and scary how fast i can empty the 3ml tank, should have done it on the 6ml version lol

I have a feeling the profile is not using the right TFR but ive double checked it and even put on my Crius that has a standard dual 317L SS coil setup and it works fine at 50w...

Last edited:
Soldato
- B deck is a "bottom" fill deck works like the Aromamizer, juice comes in by the 4 holes side.. dead easy to wick, just fill cotton..
- W deck is the "wide" deck, works like the hurricane, gem and tiafun.. thick single cotton.
- D deck is a "dual" deck for dual coils and wicks...
- C deck is "Curve", for a curve wick (I don't see the point)
- S deck is "standard" or "single" for a single thin wick (Old school)

have a look for "A Bloody Good Vaping" review of the squape reloaded... it shows you all the options, but there's swearing in it, so I can't link it.. there's four different tanks, 5 decks, 6 air flow settings.. if you can't get it to work the way you like then god help you.. lol

I talked kaptainmarc into getting one and he loves it, shame the muppet dropped it after a day. It's going for about 60-90 pounds on the second hand market.

EDIT: the only bug bear on the tank is the 510 pin.. it's different and needs some TLC from time to time.. as in removing and cleaning extra well on the pin and inside where it screws into.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom